Who you are
If you are Year 12 completing the HSC (or equivalent) OR International Baccalaureate (IB) and you’ve included Macquarie in your preferences, you may be eligible to receive adjustments – additional points that can be added to your ATAR or equivalent admission rank.
Combine adjustment factors
You can receive a maximum of 10 additional points combined across seven schemes, excluding the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Laws and its double degrees
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) and its double degrees
- Bachelor of Biodiversity and Conservation and Master of Conservation Biology
- Bachelor of Cyber Security and Master of Information Technology in Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Environment and Master of Environment
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Master of Information Systems Management
- Bachelor of Marine Science and Master of Marine Science and Management
- Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences and Master of Applied Statistics
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences and Master of Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Laboratory Analysis, Quality and Management
for which you can receive a maximum of six additional points.
- Bachelor of Clinical Science
can receive a maximum of five additional points across all adjustment factors schemes except the Duke of Edinburgh, Queen’s Scout and Queen’s Guide Awards Scheme and the Catchment Adjustment Factors schemes.
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and its double degrees
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with Professional Practice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Professional Practice and Bachelor of Professional Accounting
are only eligible for the Educational Access Scheme. No other adjustment factor points can be applied.
Explore our adjustment factor schemes
Achievement-based adjustment factors
These factors recognise your track record in a range of interest areas and activities. That’s the best of you to the power of us.
We recognise your achievements in subjects that relate specifically to Macquarie's courses. You can receive a maximum of six additional points.
Big History Scheme
You may be eligible to earn three additional points by completing our Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC (massive open online course).
Elite Athletes and Artistic Performers
If competitive or performance commitments have affected your studies, you may be eligible for four additional points or scholarship.
Duke of Edinburgh, Queen’s Scout and Queen’s Guide awards scheme
If you’ve completed the Duke of Edinburgh, Queen’s Scout or Queen’s Guide programs, you may be eligible to receive up to six additional points.
Location-based adjustment factors
Geography matters! See if where you live can earn you an adjustment.
If you live in Macquarie’s catchment region, you may be eligible to receive five additional points.
Regional Entry Scheme
If you're from rural or regional Australia, we can help with up to nine additional points.
Equity-based adjustment factors
At Macquarie we recognise that life circumstances or events beyond your control can impact education, opportunity and achievement. That’s why we’ll consider your individual situation.
Educational Access Scheme
If you have experienced educational or social disadvantage, you may be eligible for up to five additional points.