MQ ACRC Junior Fellowship Scheme 2018
MQACRC Junior Research Fellow 2018
Applications are invited for the ‘MQACRC Junior Research Fellowship 2018’. This scheme supports MQ PhD graduates to become competitive for attracting external funding or continuing on in the discipline. The scheme is intended to provide a junior scholar with the opportunity to become part of Macquarie’s research community. For that reason, the expectation is that the Junior Research Fellow will spend a substantial portion of their time at Macquarie University during the course of the fellowship. This may be done in a range of ways, to suit their own schedule.
The MQACRC Junior Research Fellow 2018 will receive funding of $5000, and library and network access for 2018. The MQACRC will also endeavour to provide desk space for the fellow. The outcomes of the fellowship must include at least one major publication with a MQACRC byline. As the aim of the scheme is to prepare early career researchers for further grant applications, preference may be given to a candidate early in their research career who is not yet competitive for external (e.g. ARC DECRA) or internal (MQRF) fellowship schemes.
The funding must be expended before the end of 2018 and may be spent on any of the following items:
- publication production costs (subventions, page fees, indexing costs, copyright fees for images, preparing publisher-ready manuscripts);
- salary for time spent on research.
- no more than 20% of the funding can be spent on travel expenses (either for research fieldwork or to present at a critical conference in their field);
The successful Fellow will be expected to submit 1–2 (CI) articles or (B1) book chapters for publication, and / or submit a successful (A1) book proposal with a major press. Fellows will also be expected to submit a short report at the end of 2018 detailing the outcomes of their fellowship.
- Applicants must have graduated with a PhD from Macquarie University since 1 March 2015.
- Candidates who have been notified of the outcome of their PhD examination but have not yet graduated are eligible to apply, but those who are yet to submit or under examination are not.
- Applicants who have not yet graduated must attach either advice from HDRO or a statement from the applicant’s PhD supervisor certifying that the applicant has passed their PhD.
- Applications must be sponsored by a MQACRC member. Centre members may support more than one application.
- Applicants must have discussed the proposed project with their sponsor before submission.
Applications, which must include a description of the project and outcomes, and a fully justified budget setting out how the funding will be expended, must be made on the template provided and submitted by 5 pm on Friday 6 April to email@example.com. The selection will be made by a sub-committee of the MQACRC Executive, and the successful candidate will be announced by late-April.