Financial Risk Day 2018
The Centre for Financial Risk in the Faculty of Business and Economics hosted Macquarie University’s eighth annual Financial Risk Day on 16 March 2018 at the Sydney Swissotel.
There were 111 registrations, with approximately 65% of attendees from outside Macquarie University. There were seven high-calibre plenary speakers:
- Guy Debelle, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA); "Risk and return in a low rate environment".
- John Pearce, Chief Investment Officer, UniSuper; "A practical look at risk and return in the current environment".
- Antje Bernt, Head of Finance, Research School of Finance, Actuarial Studies & Statistics, Australian National University; "Dealer Inventory, short interest and price efficiency in the corporate bond market".
- Simon Elimelakh, Head of Investment Risk and Portfolio Analysis, NAB Asset Management; "Style Matters".
- Alastair Sloan, Former Head of Asset Allocation at Sunsuper; "Trading markets in the low interest rate environment".
- Stephen Kirchner, Program Director, Trade and Investment, United States Studies Centre, University of Sydney; "Interest rates, monetary policy and financial stability".
- Nigel Wilken-Smith, Director, Portfolio Strategy, Future Fund; "Portfolio construction in a low rate environment".
Financial Risk Day is a key platform to exchange ideas on emerging research and regulatory issues on important risk-related topics, and to enhance links with industry and regulatory practitioners.
Please visit our website for further information on this years’ Financial Risk Day event.
The following slideshow can be cycled through displays. Depending on screen reader and browser combination, they may present one at a time or all at once. Additionally, when the slideshow has keyboard focus, the left and right arrow keys can also be used to navigate the slides.