Emotional Health Research Excellence Award
The Emotional Health Research Excellence Award, sponsored by Macquarie University’s Centre for Emotional Health is awarded to an early career researcher for outstanding research into the origins, consequences, treatment or prevention of anxiety or related emotional difficulties across the lifespan.
Applications close: 6th October 2017
Individuals are eligible for this award if:
- their research addresses the origins, consequences, treatment or prevention of anxiety or related emotional difficulties in any age group across the lifespan; and
2. it has been less than two years since their PhD was conferred (at the closing date for nominations). However, the selection committee will take into account personal or extenuating circumstances that provide grounds for consideration outside the above criteria, such as parental or carer’s leave.
Researchers from around the world are encouraged to apply.
Applicants will be judged, relative to opportunity, on the following criteria:
- Originality of past and current research: Extent to which the research is novel or innovative.
- Clarity: Ability to describe the research/research program in a clear, concise and compelling nature.
- Research excellence: Demonstrated evidence of the quality of current and past research (peer-reviewed, citations, invitations, prizes and external funding).
- Collaboration: Demonstrated evidence of building peer and external collaboration networks.
- Contribution or service to the field: demonstrated evidence of contribution or service to the field (e.g., clinical practice, mentoring, leadership of a research team, media/communications efforts to explain your research to a broader community).
- Impact: demonstrated impact, or potential impact, or benefits of the research (e.g., changes to organisational or government policy or practice).
- Research plan: evidence of a coherent 3 - 5 year research plan.
$3,000 and an Invited presentation (or e-presentation) at the Centre for Emotional Health, Macquarie University, Australia.
Your completed application should be submitted as one Word or PDF document in 12pt font. Please submit all details, under the requested headings, as outlined in the form below. Towards the bottom of this page there is an area to upload your Word/PDF application and a button to submit your application.
Contact Barb Corapi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.