Higher Education Commission (HEC), Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan HEC Scholarship Program
Macquarie University and the Higher Education Commission of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (HEC) have established a collaborative arrangement for the purpose of providing high quality research training to qualified PhD students from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan at Macquarie University.
Under this program, scholarship support is available for high quality candidates. Financial support is co-funded by Macquarie University and HEC. Applicants must be made offers for commencement and scholarship as PhD candidates at Macquarie University on the basis of normal selection criteria, including the required level of English language proficiency.
The Co-funded Scholarship will provide funding for:
- A scholarship to cover International student tuition fees at Macquarie University for up to 4 years
- A stipend of $27,082 per annum, tax free, paid pro-rata (current 2018 rate, subject to change)
- Single rate Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the program (packaged with stipend)
- A return international airfare
How to Apply:
- Applicants should first apply to HEC Pakistan and, if successful, candidates will be given scholarship support letters by HEC, and will be invited to apply to HEC partner universities.
- Applicants then apply to Macquarie University. New applicants will need to apply to Macquarie University for admission and scholarship. Candidates research projects should be from one of the Specific Research Disciplines listed. For details on how to submit an application please visit the HDR How to Apply website.
- New applicants apply by completing the Online HDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System. Within the application please answer the question as follows:
- Scholarship Details - Select the scholarship that you would like to be considered for at Macquarie University, select ‘Co-funded Scholarship’
- Funding Arrangements - How will you fund your living and study expenses?, indicate HEC Pakistan and quote the shortlisting batch number. Please also upload to your application the shortlisting letter provided by HEC Pakistan.
- To be considered for the scholarship applicants will need to arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office (HDRO). The academic referee will need to complete the ‘Academic Referee Report (Reference) for Scholarship’ form, available under How to Apply – Form.
- Applications will be assessed at Macquarie University. If you are successful, Macquarie University will provide a provisional offer letter which the applicant can supply to HEC Pakistan.
- Once the scholarship is confirmed by HEC Pakistan, the candidate will need to complete the necessary acceptance process for Macquarie University to arrange the OSHC and issue an eCoE so the candidate can apply for an Australian Student Visa.
For any further information please refer to the HEC Scholarship website.