Chilean CONICYT – Macquarie University Advanced Human Capital Scholarship Program (BECAS CONICYT MACQUARIE)
Macquarie University has partnered with the National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research of the Republic of Chile ("CONICYT") to offer co-funded scholarships to high achieving Chilean students who wish to commence advanced higher degree research studies at universities of excellence, such as Macquarie University.
Applications are open for:
- 2 year Master of Research (MRes)
- Master of Research (MRes) Year 2 + PhD Bundle (1 year + 3 years)
- 3 year Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (including “Cotutelle”)
The Co-funded Scholarship will provide funding for:
- A scholarship to cover International student tuition fees at Macquarie University for up to 4 years
- A stipend of $27,082 per annum, tax free, paid pro-rata (current 2018 rate, subject to change)
- 50% tuition fees scholarship will also be offered to these students for programs offered by the Macquarie University English Language Centre.
How to Apply:
- Candidates must first apply to Macquarie University. New applicants will need to apply to Macquarie University for admission and scholarship. Candidates research projects should be from one of the Specific Research Disciplines listed. For details on how to submit an application please visit the HDR How to Apply website.
- New applicants apply by completing the Online HDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System. Within the application please answer the question as follows:
- Scholarship Details - Select the scholarship that you would like to be considered for at Macquarie University, select ‘Co-funded Scholarship’
- Funding Arrangements - How will you fund your living and study expenses?, indicate ‘CONICYT BECAS MACQUARIE’
- To be considered for the scholarship applicants will need to arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office (HDRO). The academic referee will need to complete the ‘Academic Referee Report (Reference) for Scholarship’ form, available under How to Apply - Forms.
- Applications will be assessed at Macquarie University. If you are successful, Macquarie University will provide a provisional offer letter to include in your application to CONICYT.
- If successful for provisional admission and scholarship to Macquarie University, applicants then need to apply to CONICYT.
- Selected candidates will then be given full offers of admission and scholarship for the relevant higher degree research program
There are no application deadlines at Macquarie University. Applicants should check the CONICYT website for the application deadlines.
For any further information please refer to the CONICYT Website.
- Scholarship dates for Master Scholarships Abroad for the 2018 call are yet to be released, please refer to the CONICYT website: Becas De Magíster En El Extranjero Becas Chile – Convocatoria 2018 (Master's Scholarships Abroad Becas Chile - Call 2018)
- Doctoral Scholarships are now open, from 15 February 2018 to 10 April 2018, further information and dates available on the CONICYT website: Becas De Doctorado En El Extranjero Becas Chile – Convocatoria 2018 (Doctoral Scholarships Abroad Becas Chile - Call 2018