Numerical Cognition, Learning and Development
PhD and MRes Year 2 + PhD
10 Dec 2019 12am AEDT
30 Apr 2020 11pm AEST
Scholarship available to
An exciting opportunity to join a new research group studying the development of children’s numeracy and mathematical skills, and the domain-general skills that support their development (e.g., working memory, executive functioning). Applicants with a background in psychology, cognitive science, or educational studies and with interests in any of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Numerical cognition (experimental studies from a psychological/cognitive science perspective investigating how we represent and activate numerical information and other representations associated with magnitude).
- Numeracy in the preschool / early primary classroom (e.g., pedagogical approaches, instructional quality, intervention for low achievers).
- Assessment and development of working memory and executive functioning/self-regulation in young children.
- Impact of hearing loss on child development and learning.
- Informal opportunities for learning numeracy and mathematics in the home and classroom environment.
- Assessment and intervention for children with mathematical learning difficulties.
The candidate must be available to enrol and commence studies no later than 30th June 2020.
This scholarship is available to eligible candidates to undertake a direct entry 3-year PhD OR a MRes Year 2 (1-year) + PhD (3-year) program.
The reference number for direct entry PhD scholarship is 20201884, and the reference number for MRes Y2 + PhD bundle is 20201497.
The scholarship is comprised of a Tuition Fee Offset and a Living Allowance Stipend. The value and tenure of the scholarship is a “MQRES” full-time stipend rate of $28,092 per annum (in 2020 tax exempt for up to 3 years - indexed annually).
Name: Rebecca Bull
Phone: +61 2 9850 8605
How to Apply
For information on how to apply, select the "How to Apply" button below.
Please note, at the start of your application you should select the scholarship type of "HDR Project/Supervisor Specific Scholarship".