Mexican CONACYT-Macquarie University Postgraduate Research Scholarships
PhD; MRes; MRes Y2+PhD Bundle
01 Jan 2019 12am AEDT
31 Dec 2019 11pm AEDT
Scholarship available to
Macquarie University has partnered with CONACYT (The National Council for Science and Technology of the United Mexican States) to promote the access of Mexican students to postgraduate studies at Macquarie University.
Scholarships are offered for up to 10 Mexican students accepted and enrolled in a research degree.
- 2 year Master of Research (MRes)
- Master of Research (MRes) Year 2 + PhD Bundle (1 year + 3 years)
- 3 year Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
The scholarship will cover tuition fees (75%), a living allowance/stipend and annual support of overseas student health cover (OSHC).
How to Apply
- New applicants will need to apply to Macquarie University for admission and scholarship. For details on how to submit an application please visit the HDR How to Apply website.
- New applicants apply by completing the Online HDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System. Within the application please answer the question as follows:
- Scholarship Details - Select the scholarship that you would like to be considered for at Macquarie University, select ‘Co-funded Scholarship’
- Funding Arrangements - How will you fund your living and study expenses?, indicate ‘CONACYT-MQ PG Research scholarship’.
- To be considered for the scholarship applicants will need to arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office (HDRO). The academic referee will need to complete the ‘Academic Referee Report (Reference) for Scholarship’ form, available under HDRO Forms.
- Applications will be assessed at Macquarie University. If you are successful, Macquarie University will provide a provisional offer letter to include in your application to CONACYT.
- If successful for provisional admission and scholarship to Macquarie University, applicants then need to apply to CONACYT.
- Selected candidates will then be given full offers of admission and scholarship for the relevant higher degree research program.
There are no application deadlines at Macquarie University. Applicants should check the CONACYT website for the application deadlines. Scholarship application calls are open with CONACYT throughout different times of the year, usually between April to July. Please check the CONACYT website for further information.
For any further information please refer to the CONACYT website, or alternatively you can contact the CONACYT contact:
Pablo Rojo Calzada
Director of Scholarships
Av. Insurgentes Sur 1582
Colonia Crédito Constructor
Delegación Benito Juárez
México D.F 03940
Tel. (52) 55 5322-7700 ext. 1201