Geographies of the Refugee Camp
2017716 and 2017717
20 Sep 2018 12am AEST
31 Oct 2018 11pm AEDT
Scholarship available to
The project will investigate the relationship between refugee camps and the geographies they produce at all scales. In particular, the project will focus on three empirical cases in comparative terms: two in Asia (in Indonesia and Bangladesh) and one in Europe (in the Balkan Region).
Applicants should be qualified in political geography or a closely related field, preferably with a strong record in ethnographic research.
The successful candidate MUST be enrolled at Macquarie University no later than 30 June 2019.
If you are applying for this PhD and scholarship allocation, please notify email@example.com as soon as you submit your application.
The project is funded by Macquarie University
Department: Geography and Planning
This scholarship is available to eligible candidates to undertake either:
- Research Training Pathway MRes Year 2 followed by a 3 year PhD. This is referred to as an MRes/PhD ‘bundle offer’; OR
- Direct entry into a 3 year PhD program.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants are expected to have a record of excellent academic performance and preferably, additional relevant research experience and/or peer-reviewed research activity in line with the University’s scholarship rating guidelines. Refer to the Rating Scholarship Applicants section for more information about these guidelines.
The scholarship is comprised of the Tuition Fee Offset funded by the Research Training Program (RTP) and a Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (MQRES) Stipend.
The value and tenure of the scholarship is:
- RTP Tuition Fee Offset; and
- MQRES Stipend (living allowance)
This scholarship provides a stipend currently valued at AUD $27,596 per annum (2019 rate, tax exempt).
Name: Professor Claudio Minca
How to Apply
New applicants to Macquarie University will need to complete the Online HDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System and arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office. Further information can be found on the How to Apply page.
Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MQ HDR program or applicants who hold a Macquarie University candidature offer LESS than 12 months old:
- Complete and submit the HDR Application for Scholarship Only form (available on the HDRO Forms) and include supporting documentation, such as:
- any additional information or research output since original application and commencement
- updated CV
- offer letter and/or research student profile
- Indicate the reference under the scholarship details question
- Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org in ONE pdf document and MUST indicate in the subject line the MQ ID, full name and reference
- Request their referees to send the Academic Referee Reports directly to email@example.com.
While current candidates are eligible to apply, any consumed prior enrolment will be counted as advanced standing and will reduce the maximum scholarship duration offered.