MRes information sessions
Discover how research training can harness your potential and allow you to pursue your passion
We’re investing in developing top researchers and we invite you to join us.
There are a lot of benefits to choosing a Master of Research. They include:
- You’ll receive intensive research preparation combined with advanced coursework in a two-year degree that is based on the internationally-recognised Bologna model.
- You’ll be prepared to complete a PhD in only three years – well short of the national average.
- You’ll no longer need to complete an honours year as a pathway to a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- You’ll work alongside world-leading researchers and access outstanding facilities such as Australia’s first fully integrated, university-led academic health sciences centre: MQ Health.
- You’ll undertake international experiences during your studies. If you continue on to a PhD, opportunities include research collaboration with over 70 international universities under our cotutelle and joint PhD programs.
- You’ll develop high-level skills in independent and critical thinking, problem solving and communicating effectively – skills that are highly valued by employers.
Listen to what candidates and supervisors have to say about the Master of Research program.
You can keep in touch with us and receive updates about news and events by completing our enquiry form.