Strategy and policy
Macquarie University is a place of accelerating and high impact performance in discovery. Our Research Framework World-Leading Research; World-Changing Impact will guide the university's high quality research over the next ten years focussing on:
- Healthy people: Pioneering health, integrated healthcare and lifelong learning for wellness in our ageing world
- Resilient societies: Understanding cultures in out changing world and building ethical, just and inclusive communities
- Prosperous economies: Strengthening economic productivity to promote prosperity in our diverse world
- Secure planet: Sustaining our interdependent world and exploring our place in the universe
- Innovative technologies: Advancing our interconnected world with frontier technologies, systems designs and creative practice.
In conducting excellent, high impact research around these future shaping research priorities, we will realise our key research objectives to:
- accelerate world-leading research performance
- prepare world-ready higher degree research candidates
- engage as a world recognised research collaborator of choice
- deliver research with world-changing impact.
Professor Sakkie Pretorius, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research, leads the research portfolio at Macquarie University. He guides the University in delivering world-leading research that has world-changing impact, through combining efforts to achieve our four key objectives with our future shaping research priorities.
Macquarie University is aware of the importance of high standards of research integrity and ethical conduct in the achievement of its aims. The Macquarie Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research and the processes and education that support the Code are an enactment of the research integrity culture of the University.