Research is central to what we do, and Macquarie University is a brilliant choice to launch or enhance your research career. Macquarie University supports applicants to external fellowship schemes, as well as annually offering MQ Research Fellowships to support researchers within three years of the award of their PhD who have an outstanding track record (relative to opportunity) or who show evidence of excellent research potential.
Our commitment to excellence in research is demonstrated in the support we provide to our early career researchers and emerging research leaders.
This support includes:
- Access to Macquarie internal grant schemes;
- Access to expertise and support from Research Office and
Faculty based professional staff, dedicated to providing guidance in:
- Grant development and submission support
- Research partnerships (identification, establishment and relationship development)
- Contract negotiation, execution and management
- Advice and support to identify funding opportunities (personalised alerts and scanning via Research Professional);
- Potential for collaboration across Macquarie University's research strength areas. These research strengths are the foundation of Macquarie University's international reputation, and teams and individuals work across disciplinary boundaries to create real change in society;
- Networking & support programs such as our diversity and inclusion program;
- World class resources and infrastructure including a state of the art Library, and an on campus Hospital and clinic;
- Job opportunities at Macquarie can be found at our jobs website.
There has never been a better time to join our research community here at Macquarie.