Recent investments of over $1 billion in infrastructure have allowed us to offer our students and researchers world-class research facilities that boasts of the best technologies. Each facility is headed by experts who are able to provide research collaboration support, training and access to equipment. Some facilities are also available to external researchers, Government and industry users.
- The Media Hub is a multi-million dollar media hub that houses state-of-the-art media and broadcasting facilities:
- Futures Lab
- Screens facilities
- Music production studios
- Radio studios
- Dance and performing studios
Business and economics
- The Australian Hearing Hub gives you easy access to some of the country's best researchers and latest research facilities like:
- Cognition Clinic for Reading
- Emotional Health Clinic
- Psychology Clinic
- Child Language Lab
- Cognition in Action
- ERP (Event-Related Potentials)
- ERP (Audiology)
- Language Acquisition
- KIT-Macquarie Brain Research (MEG)
- Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation (NIBS)
These shared facilities can be used for collaborative research with an Australian Hearing Hub member organisation.
- Anechoic Chamber
- Shared Audiometric Room
- Electromagnetically Shielded Room
- The Simulation Hub, the first and only facility of its type in the world, draws a range of simulation devices under one roof including:
- Lab of Evolutionary Psychology.
Medicine and health sciences
Science and engineering
- Astronomical Observatory
- Chemistry and Biomolecular Science Laboratory
- Chemical Analysis Facility
- Chiropractic facilities
- Chiropractic clinics
- Computing facilities
- Environmental Quality Laboratory
- Fauna park
- Microscopy unit
- Mass Spectrometry facilities
- Optical Microcharacterisation facility
- OSL Laboratory
- Plant growth facility
- Physics laboratories
- Organic geochemistry facilities
- Seawater facility
World's first integrated simulation hub opening doors to innovation
Macquarie's new Simulation Hub, the first and only facility of its type in the world, opens it doors to researchers across the university, offering a range of simulation devices under one roof and research collaboration opportunities.
World’s first CI MEG brain scanner switches on
Jamie-Lee Lewis, Hear and Say ambassador and daughter of Rugby League legend Wally Lewis, visited the University for the inaugural clinical use of its world-first Cochlear Implant (CI) MEG scanner.
The following slideshow can be cycled through displays. Depending on screen reader and browser combination, they may present one at a time or all at once. Additionally, when the slideshow has keyboard focus, the left and right arrow keys can also be used to navigate the slides.