Facilitating essential placements for students
The Professional Experience Office establishes relationships with schools and early childhood settings, inviting them to participate in the Professional Experience program and host teacher education students.
Teacher education students do not find their own placements. The Professional Experience Office contacts prior-to-school and school settings, then students are allocated placements according to availability. All placements are confirmed in writing.
- arranges tertiary supervisors
- manages Working with Children checks, anaphylaxis certificates and child protection certificates
- is the first point of contact between schools and the university
- keeps Professional Experience program documentation up-to-date and available
- monitors the process for managing concerns related to students, and advises unit convenors and tertiary supervisors
- assists with decisions about intervention or support for Professional Experience students
- assists with decisions concerning withdrawal from schools or early childhood settings where significant concerns, conflict or lack of professionalism has occurred
- ensures documents for placements are correctly completed, submitted, processed and recorded.