Staff giving is a simple way for staff at Macquarie to change students' lives and help to find new research breakthroughs.
Your donation to Macquarie University will help us to continue to award scholarships, embark on new projects to improve the student experience, and undertake world-class research to tackle the world’s challenges.
Step-by-step instructions on setting-up your staff donation
By setting up a regular donation from your pre-tax salary, you are providing long-term, reliable support to a range of projects. Setting up an ongoing donation from your pre-tax salary is easy. Just follow these simple steps.
Step 1 - Login and adding new deduction record
Log in to HR Online and enter your staff username and password.
Select My Pay > Payroll Details > Deductions.
Click 'Add new deduction record'
Step 2 - Add specifics of your donation
Here is where you can set up the specifics of your donation.
Simply fill out the following fields as follows:
- Job Number: Automatically populated, no need to update.
- Deduction: Select the allocation you would like your donation to go towards: breast cancer research, prostate cancer research, motor neurone disease research or equity scholarships. If you would like to support a specific type of equity scholarship, including Macquarie Education Costs Scholarship, Macquarie Indigenous Scholarship or Macquarie Accommodation Scholarship you can enter it in the 'reference' field below. If you select the scholarship option in the drop down box, but do not choose to enter in a specific type of scholarship, your donation will be used to support equity scholarships.
- Payrate Type: Automatically populated, no need to update.
- Deduction Amount: Enter the amount you would like to donate each pay.
- Expires after Total Amount: Leave blank.
- Start Date: Enter today's date, or if you would like your donation to start on a specific date in future, enter your chosen date.
- End Date: This field can be left blank, or if you would like to end you donation by a set date, enter it here and your donation will be automatically cancelled on that date.
- Reference: If you would like to support a specific type of scholarship, including Macquarie Education Costs Scholarship, Macquarie Indigenous Scholarship or Macquarie Accommodation Scholarship, enter this in here.
Step 4 - View your deduction page
Return to the 'Deductions' page
You will now see your new donation in this table.
Step 3 - Insert your deductions
Click the 'Insert' button at the bottom of the deductions form
What can you support?
Want to hold a fundraisers in the workplace to support Macquarie University?
Please contact our office for more information.
The Office of Advancement contact
Content owner: Advancement Last updated: 11 Jun 2019 1:48pm