Accounting Co-op Program Selection Process
Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice
Our new Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice offers students the opportunity to participate in Macquarie’s cooperative education program (Co-op). This highly competitive course will see students alternate between classroom studies and workplace experience in the form of three work placements of three to six months each throughout their course. Co-op students will develop professional skills and networks across different workplace settings and use their practical experiences in the classroom. Co-op students receive a salary directly from the host partner when they are on placement.
How are Co-op students selected?
Co-op students are selected based on academic merit and an assessment of their motivation, qualities and skills.
- completing or have completed the HSC (or equivalent)
- show a genuine interest and motivation to enter the accounting profession
- be active in school and/or community activities
- be able to demonstrate exceptional communication, teamwork, problem solving, innovation, service and leadership skills
- be an Australian/New Zealand citizen or permanent visa holder
- desirable minimum ATAR of 95 (or equivalent admissions rank). Students expecting an ATAR of 90 or above are strongly encouraged to apply. Bonus points will be considered for this requirement.
- Any level of HSC mathematics (or equivalent) desirable
Applicants apply via an online portal and are asked to answer a set of application questions, submit a one-page résumé and an academic reference. For students completing their HSC (or equivalent) in 2018, their school will be asked to provide their most recent HSC (or equivalent) trial results.
Applicants must also apply through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) and select Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice as one of their preferences to gain admission to the program.
Applications open on 30 April 2018.
Applications close at 5:00pm (AEST) on 28 September 2018.
If their application is successful, they will be contacted in the first week of November 2018 to schedule an interview at Macquarie University during the week of 26-30 November 2018.
If the applicant is successful at interview, they’ll receive a conditional offer for the Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting with Bachelor of Professional Practice Co-op Program, pending all final ATAR (or equivalent admissions rank) results.