Accounting Co-op Program Selection Process
Bachelor of Professional Practice and Bachelor of Professional Accounting (Accounting Co-op program)
Our Accounting Co-op program is a highly competitive course in which students will alternate between classroom studies and workplace experience in the form of three industry placements of three to six months each. Co-op students will develop professional skills and networks across different workplace settings and use their practical experiences in the classroom. Co-op students are paid directly by industry partners when they are on placement at their host organisation.
How are Co-op students selected?
Co-op students are selected based on academic merit and an assessment of their motivation, qualities and skills.
- completing or have completed the HSC (or equivalent)
- show a genuine interest and motivation to enter the accounting profession
- be active in school and/or community activities
- be able to demonstrate exceptional communication, teamwork, problem solving, innovation, service and leadership skills
- be an Australian/New Zealand citizen or permanent visa holder be expecting or have achieved a minimum selection rank of 95 (or equivalent). Students expecting a selection rank of 90 or above are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet all the criteria:
Applicants apply via an online portal and are required to submit a one-page CV and written responses to three specific questions. For students completing their HSC (or equivalent) in 2019, their school will be asked to provide their most recent HSC (or equivalent) trial results and an academic reference.
The applicant must also apply through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) and select Bachelor of Professional Practice and Bachelor of Professional Accounting (UAC 302222) as one of their preferences to gain admission to the program.
Applications open on 3 April 2019.
Applications close at 5:00pm (AEST) on 27 September 2019.
If their application is successful, they will be contacted in early November 2019 to schedule an interview at Macquarie University between 26-28 November 2019.
If the applicant is successful at interview, they’ll receive a conditional offer for the Bachelor of Professional Practice and Bachelor of Professional Accounting, pending all final ATAR (or equivalent admissions rank) results.
Content owner: Co-op and internships Last updated: 04 Jul 2019 8:01am