Advertise a job
Showcase your employment opportunities to over 37,000 Macquarie students and recent graduates by posting a job advertisement on our online jobs board
- Australia-based graduate or full-time roles
- International opportunities
- On-campus employment
- Part-time or casual employment
- Paid internship/vacation programs
- Unpaid internships
- Volunteer opportunities
Vocational internships that are directly related to a student's university course are not advertised on CareerHub. Instead, interested employers should contact Macquarie's PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) Office.
Macquarie is only able to advertise unpaid roles that abide by the Fair Work Act. Please be aware that according to the Fair Work Ombudsman, unpaid internships should only be with a voluntary, or Not for Profit organisation, or be of observatory nature within a business environment. If you require our students to perform productive activities within a business, you will need to contact our office directly to give us further clarification about your opportunity.
Submit an advertisement
To post your job opportunity:
- Visit CareerHub
- If you have registered for CareerHub previously, login and post your vacancy
- If you are a new user, register to use the service. A confirmation will be sent to you by email. You can then return to CareerHub and login using your nominated username and password.
- It is important to add the personal contact details of the staff member who will be handling recruitment on the left-hand side in 'Staff Details'.
- All job advertisements submitted must comply with:
- Positions are displayed for either one or two months, depending on your timeframe. If your position is filled before your advertisement is due to expire, please login and withdraw your ad.
Writing an effective job ad
We encourage you to keep your advertisements simple and informative, and include the following information:
- job title
- description of duties
- skills and/or experience required
- hours worked, and flexibility with regard to study/exam timetables
- location/suburb of the work
- pay rate/basis of payment - To have your job approved, please enter a numeric figure or range. This should be at the relevant award rate or above. Please note that the national minimum hourly rate is currently $17.70 per hour plus superannuation. Casuals covered by the national minimum wage receive an extra 24% ($22.13 per hour). If you are a Not-For-Profit organisation advertising for an unpaid position, please specify if you provide insurance for your volunteers in the job description. Finally, visit the Fair Work website for pay rates and other employment conditions, or call their help line on 13 13 94.
- how to apply and closing date for applications
To advertise through CareerHub, employers must adhere to the Service policy for employers and agencies.
For help using CareerHub or more information, contact us on email@example.com or +61 2 9850 7372.