Past Alumni Events 2014
If you missed an event, don't worry. We captured the highlights from many, as images, audio and video. Experience our alumni gatherings and presentations as if you had been there.
2014 Backpack to Briefcase: Sydney - Recruiters
3 November 2014
Recruiter recruiting talent
Recruiters compete for the best talent. They have specific preferences for the skills and qualities that make their ideal candidate. The question is, are you presenting yourself as the best talent?
- Archie Petsas PDMgmt 2006, PDHumanResMgmt 2006 - Senior HR Manager, International SOS
- Paul Slezak MA 1994 - Cofounder, RecruitLoop
- Sheree Thompson - Graduate Recruitment Consultant: People, Performance and Culture, KPMG
- Greg Smith BEcon 1988 (Moderator) - Chief Commercial Officer, The Co-Op
Watch clip 1 - What do recruiters look for when they recruit young or recent graduates?
Watch clip 2 - What is the difference between a good, a bad and an ugly CV?
Watch clip 3 - Mentors: who are they? Where can you find them? What value can they provide?
Watch clip 4 - Moving or transitioning into a new career: how do 'non-traditional' applicants get an opportunity?
2014 Global Alumni Impact Series: Sydney - Disruptive Innovation
26 November 2014
Disruptive innovation is all about creating new markets and market conditions by applying a different set of values, modes and technologies that ultimately (and often unexpectedly) substantially impact or overtake an existing market.
It can be transformational, evolutionary or even revolutionary in their scope and effect and combines entrepreneurial nous and technological advances across a range of traditional and non-traditional industries including business, finance and banking, legal services, and education, among others.
- Professor John Hedberg - Executive Director, Macquarie ICT Innovations Centre, School of Education
- Anet Redmer - Expert in User Experience (UX), Creative Direction & Business Development, Redmera
- Andrew Mellett - Managing Director, Plexus
- Nigel Freitas (Moderator) - Former Sky News Business Journalist and current MGSM MBA student
Watch clip 1 - What is disruptive innovation or thinking?
Watch clip 2 - The internet of things: everyday household objects connected to the internet
Watch clip 3 - Incumbency in innovation - contradictory or smart business?
Watch clip 4 - What advice would you give to an industry, such as the taxi industry, to compete with a disruptive innovation technology such as Uber?
Watch clip 5 - Is it possible to transform a traditional, established company that is subject to disruption and, if so, how?
2014 Jubilee Alumni Reception: Beijing
6 November 2014
2014 Jubilee Alumni Reception: Hong Kong
1 November 2014
2014 Jubilee Alumni Reception: London
10 September 2014
Celebrating 50 years with Macquarie alumni at Haymarket Hotel in London.
2014 Jubilee Alumni Reception: New York
15 May 2014
Celebrating 50 years with Macquarie alumni at the Bryant Park Hotel in New York City.
2014 Jubilee Trendsetter Panel and Alumni Reception
31 October 2014
The Jubilee Trendsetter panel brought together current academics and fellow alumni educational practitioners to discuss and debate the key future trends you need to know in education.
- Karen Ahearn BA/DipEd (1993), MEd (2004) - Preparatory School, Pymble Ladies College
- Matt Esterman BA/DipEd (2006), MA (2011) - eLearning Coordinator, St Scholastica's College, Glebe Point
- Dr Camilla Gordon PhD (2014) - Institute of Early Childhood, Macquarie University
- Professor Lori Lockyer - Vincent Fairfax Family Foundation Chair in Teacher Education, Head, School of Education, Macquarie University
- Associate Professor Joanne Mulligan PhD (1992) - School of Education, Macquarie University
- Janet Robertson - Outdoor Teacher, Mia Mia Child and Family Study Centre, IEC, Macquarie University
- Dr Peter Whiteman - Head of Department and Senior Lecturer, Institute of Early Childhood
Not getting event invitations?
Keep your details updated so we can invite you to one in a city near you.
Contact the Alumni Relations
T: +61 2 9850 1324
Content owner: Alumni Last updated: 19 Dec 2019 11:35am