Macquarie alumni benefits
Enjoy a wide-range of benefits
It's an extra incentive to reconnect with your alma mater.
These are our three most popular benefits, but see the full range below.
- access to online databases
- discounts to postgraduate studies
- discounts to the Sport and Aquatic Centre
You can choose to receive a range of digital information from our Alumni team:
But first, we need your correct details so update your details online.
*If you would prefer to receive a printed copy of Sirius Magazine, please email us.
MacShop is now open! You can purchase your MQ goodies in store on campus or online and wear MQ proud wherever you are.
Visit the MacShop website
Apply for free online resources and borrowing privileges
As a graduate of Macquarie, you are entitled to free lifetime membership of Macquarie University Library, and can:
- borrow unlimited library resources for 16 weeks with 2 renewals, and
- access selected online databases and ebooks. See the full list of resources available.
Apply for special alumni access to the Macquarie University Library
- Register for Macquarie University Library membership. Select 'Macquarie University Alumni' as the category and 'Alumni (Macquarie University)' as the reason for membership.
- Follow instructions in the automated email to create your OneID login and password. This will give you access to all databases available to alumni.
- For borrowing, collect your Alumni Campus Card in person from Student Connect 18 Wally's Walk, Level 2 MUSE (Monday to Friday 8.30 am–5.30 pm). Macquarie does not mail out cards, for privacy reasons. You must show your alumni library membership confirmation email and one form of photo identification (driver's license, passport, proof of age card) to Student Connect when you collect your card.
- You will not have access to all databases available to current students. Access is determined by the terms of publishers licensing agreements with Macquarie University Library.
- These databases may be used off-campus by Macquarie alumni for personal noncommercial use. Use of these resources for commercial gain is not permitted.
- If you visit Macquarie University Library in person, you will have full access to all databases using the library computers.
- Your Alumni OneID is valid for 5 years. After 5 years, simply reapply for alumni access for another 5 years.
Already have an alumni OneID?
MultiSearch and libMQ
After applying for membership you will get a log-in and password to access these resources from anywhere in the world.
Library services delivered differently. libMQ is your Library app. With easy access to MultiSearch, your loans and requests, and more.
- MyLibrary - check and renew loans, requests and fee information
- MultiSearch - search and access Library resources
- Alerts - receive alerts on your device
- Floor Plans - find your way around the Library and discover what's where
- Maps - navigate campus, locate buildings, food outlets and more
Stuck on navigating library resources?
LibGuides are a useful tool to help you navigate Library resources. Note that these are an overview of all resources in the Library and not all of them will be available to Alumni off campus. Please use these as a general guide to resources.
Any questions about resources available please do not hesitate to contact the Library via +61 2 9850 7500.
Graduated less than 12 months?
Macquarie's Career and Employment Service is offered to all current students during their studies and up to 12 months after they graduate.
Graduates up to 12 months can register as alumni in CareerHub to Macquarie's career services:
- employment opportunities – casual, graduate, international, volunteer, work experience
- career events – career planning, interviews, resume writing
- career information – presentations from past employers, sample resumes and fact sheets.
If you have any questions, contact the Career and Employment Services at email@example.com or call +61 2 9850 7372.
Graduated over 12 months ago?
Macquarie's Career and Employment Service is offered to all current students during their studies and up to 12 months after they graduate. Below are other services available to students who graduated over 12 months ago:
Career Advantage MQ Program
For the special alumni price of $195 (standard price $900), an appointment with Career Advantage MQ will help you take the next step in your profession. This vocational service is delivered by Masters of Organisational Psychology provisional psychologists (supervised by endorsed organisational psychologists) using the latest career assessment tools to help you plan your career.
Career Development Association of Australia
CDAA can give you a listing of services offered by commercial career practitioners.
Backpack to Briefcase Series
The Backpack to Briefcase (B2B) Series focuses on providing our young alumni with professional development, networking and career-building opportunities through events in person, volunteer opportunities, and exclusive access to professional development content and online communities via social media.
We have several different themes including:
- Beer with the Boss - one of our most popular alumni networking events, and is about the opportunity for young alumni to connect with senior industry leaders outside the work environment. The concept is simple: relax, grab a drink (or two) and speed network with a ‘boss’ in a group. After 10 minutes, meet
- The Challenge - In teams, work together to come up with a solution to the scenario and give a short 3-minute pitch in front of a panel of accomplished (but friendly) experts. The Challenge is about so much more than winning. It is about getting out of your comfort zone, bouncing ideas off people you’ve never met, hearing fresh perspectives by thinking outside the box and practicing your problem solving and communication skills.
- Pop-Up Networking Drinks - a casual networking event with the only agenda being to meet people.
- and professional workshops.
Check out some event photos from our previous Backpacks:
Career services for MGSM alumni
MGSM students should contact the MGSM Career Service. They offer a range of employment opportunities, internships and even a jobs board.
Professional development for educators/teachers
The Academy of Continuing Professional Development in Education offers many diverse professional development courses from across Macquarie University, enabling teachers to learn directly from the experts who are leaders in their fields.
Course content is evidence-based and relevant to both the curriculum and challenges faced by educators today. Our courses provide a unique opportunity to learn of new research and methods directly, thereby benefiting first hand from our world-leading research and expertise.
Hire Macquarie talent
Looking to hire Macquarie talent? Connect with our Career and Employment Services team to build your professional network, engage with enthusiastic students and recruit fresh new talent.
Opportunities can include:
- Advertising a job on our online job database CareerHub to over 40,000 students and recent graduates
- Hiring an intern through our PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) Program or sharing paid/unpaid internship opportunities
- Exhibiting at one of our many careers fairs or on-campus workshops
- Partner with us to provide a Cooperative education (Co-op) program
Contact the Career and Employment Services.
Discounted open programs with MGSM
Alumni of Macquarie University and Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM) receive a special 20% discount on enrolment in open program courses:
- Leadership – Leadership Insight Series; The Effective Leader; The New Leader; Leading through Change
- Innovation – Innovation Lab; Design Thinking; Navigating Wicked Problems
- Management and Strategy – Foundations of General Management; Strategic Thinking; Winning Strategies; Finance for Non-Finance Managers
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills – Communicating with Presence & Impact; Applying Emotional Intelligence; Breakthrough Negotiations.
Sport and Aquatic Centre discount
Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre is open 7 days and offers membership to Macquarie graduates at a discounted price.
With a fully equipped Health Club, Group Fitness classes, indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, and a variety of social sport and programs, Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre is the ideal venue for you to achieve the balance in your life.
Speech and Hearing Clinic discount
Audiology and speech pathology staff in the Speech and Hearing Clinic of Macquarie University provide expertise in clinical practice and clinical education at a discounted price for Macquarie alumni. Mention that you are a graduate of Macquarie when booking.
Postgraduate Loyalty Scheme
The Macquarie University Postgraduate Loyalty Scheme is for all domestic students with a completed undergraduate degree from Macquarie University and they are eligible for a 10% sponsorship on fees if they proceed in to a postgraduate coursework degree at Macquarie.
You are eligible if you are going straight from your undergraduate degree into the postgraduate coursework degree or if you have taken a break. This is available only for new students enrolling into a course from 2019 Session one onwards.
No application is required. If you meet the criteria and receive an offer to an eligible postgraduate course, you will automatically receive the sponsorship.
The sponsorship is applied after you have enrolled in units. There may be some delay in the sponsorship appearing in eStudent.
You must be going into a Domestic fee-paying place. The scheme does not apply to Domestic Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
For more information, check the scholarship website.
Contact the Alumni Relations
T: +61 2 9850 1324
Content owner: Alumni Last updated: 11 Jun 2020 4:46pm