Workshops delivered by experts in the field

Practical step-by-step guidance to clinicians, teachers and volunteers on how to provide easy to understand, targeted research-based assessments and interventions, for persons with reading and spelling difficulties.

About our workshops

Due to current physical distancing guidelines, the MQ Reading Clinic is offering our high-quality professional development workshops as live webinars. These webinars will contain lecture-style presentations, breakout group-work, as well as practical activities.

Most course registration deadlines are two weeks before the commencement of the workshop.

Current Macquarie staff and full time Macquarie students are eligible for a discount. The staff and student discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount eg early bird discount.

Each participant needs to have a tablet or computer with internet access. Participants will be sent instructions on how to access the Zoom video conference application, which should be downloaded ahead of time.

  1. If a registrant cancels before the registration deadline of two weeks before the workshop, 80 per cent of the fee will be refunded. The remaining 20 per cent will be kept as an administration fee.
  2. No refund is available after the registration deadline. However, another person may attend in your absence. At the discretion of the Macquarie University Reading Clinic, an 80 per cent refund may be offered on production of a medical certificate.

Measuring student progress in literacy

16 Nov 2021 - 07 Dec 2021 | Macquarie University

A teacher in a class with young children

In this workshop, primary school teachers will learn how to effectively monitor their students' reading and spelling progress and adapt teaching to better meet their needs.OverviewDates:Session one: T...

Learn more
Page owner

Last updated: 13 Oct 2021