Rules and infringements
Macquarie University has a traffic and parking policy. Refer to our Traffic and Parking Rules.
Parking compliance at Macquarie University is enforced under the ‘NSW Road Rules for a Restricted Parking Area'. Enforcement of the restricted parking area is managed through the issue of penalty notices which are processed by Revenue NSW.
Any non-compliance with the University's Traffic and Parking Rules may result in a parking fine being issued.
How to avoid receiving a parking fine
- Obey all parking and road signs
- Park only in marked bays and parking zones that you are permitted to use
- Ensure you have paid for parking either via PAYG, vPermit or ticket machine (details here)
- Ensure you have selected the ACTIVE vehicle registration using your parking account
- Ensure that you START and END your parking session using your CellOpark PAYG account - it's the driver's responsibility to activate and stop each parking session.
Hours of operation
Student and staff parking rates for PAYG users apply between 6:00am and 6:00pm, Monday to Saturday.
Visitor, Sport and Aquatic Centre and Sports Fields parking rates apply between 6:00am and 6:00pm, seven days per week.
A vPermit allows parking at any time so the above hours of operation do not apply to vPermit holders.
Content owner: Macquarie University Property Last updated: 17 Apr 2019 11:26am