What is carpooling?
Carpooling (also car-sharing, ride-sharing and lift-sharing) is the sharing of car journeys so that more than one person travels in a car, and prevents the need for others to have to drive to a location themselves. Having more than one person in a car reduces fuel costs, tolls, traffic congestion, vehicle emissions and is a more sustainable way to travel.
Why should I carpool?
- Save time - Skip the queues with access to T2 and T3 lanes when you share a ride to university.
- Save money - Students can receive a 25% discount on parking on campus simply by carpooling to Uni - share the remaining costs and you’re looking at a saving of 62% - or up to $1,320 a year for a Zone 1 car park!
- Cut stress - Share the traffic burden and get some time back in your day when you take it in turns to drive. Plus, meet new people and make new friends on campus!
- Reduce your carbon emissions
How do I find a carpool buddy?
Cohop lets you look for a lift with carpoolers from workplaces and institutions across Macquarie Park – or just with other Uni students.
How do students get discounted parking?
Cohop is fully integrated with Macquarie University’s Pay As You Go parking app, CellOPark.
Just log every carpool trip you make to Cohop, and the apps will do the rest for you!
- Download the Cohop and CellOPark apps
- Set up your accounts with your @students.mq.edu.au email address
- Start adding your trip requests - the more trips you request, the more useful Cohop becomes.
What’s in it for Macquarie University employees?
Like other employees in Macquarie Park, workers who carpool to campus with Cohop are rewarded with a guaranteed ride home clause and incentives including vouchers, prizes and gift cards. Visit Cohop for further info.
Conditions of Use
- Carpool parking permits allows registered applicants to park within car parking spots marked “Carpool – Special Permit Required”
- A Carpool parking permit is a virtual permit and linked to your nominated vehicle registration(s)
- Nominated vehicle registration(s) amendments must be made in writing to security’s client services officer.
- Carpool parking permit holders are required to travel with a minimum of two persons in their vehicle when using a dedicated Carpool parking area.
- Carpool parking permits are not transferable to another non-registered person or vehicle.
- Carpool parking permit holders may have their vPermit disqualified upon breaching any of these conditions of use
- A carpool parking vPermit does not permit parking in the absence of a valid Macquarie University carparking permit.
Allocation of a carpool parking vPermit does NOT guarantee a parking space
Content owner: Macquarie University Property Last updated: 02 Apr 2020 9:50am