What is carpooling?
Carpooling (also car-sharing, ride-sharing and lift-sharing) is the sharing of car journeys so that more than one person travels in a car, and prevents the need for others to have to drive to a location themselves. Having more than one person in a car reduces fuel costs, tolls, traffic congestion, vehicle emissions and is a more sustainable way to travel.
Why should I carpool?
- Save time - gain more personal time to spend with friends and family and take advantage of T2 and T3 lanes
- Save money - car-pooling with just one person cuts increasing fuel costs by half
- Reduce your carbon emissions
- Peace of mind - sharing a ride relieves the stress of the daily traffic pain. Reduce the stress of your commute and arrive more relaxed
- Get priority parking on campus
Tell me about priority parking for carpoolers
If two or more persons carpool in a vehicle, then you can apply for a Car Pooling permit. You can then park in spots marked “Carpool – Special Permit”.
To apply for a Carpool Parking Permit, simply:
- Fill in the Carpooling Application Form
- Contact the Security Client Services Officer on 9850 7173 or email email@example.com
How do I find a carpool buddy?
Macquarie University is a member of Connect Macquarie Park so staff can use the Cohop Ride Share program.
Conditions of Use
- Carpool parking permits allows registered applicants to park within car parking spots marked “Carpool – Special Permit Required”
- A Carpool parking permit is a virtual permit and linked to your nominated vehicle registration(s)
- Nominated vehicle registration(s) amendments must be made in writing to security’s client services officer.
- Carpool parking permit holders are required to travel with a minimum of two persons in their vehicle when using a dedicated Carpool parking area.
- Carpool parking permits are not transferable to another non-registered person or vehicle.
- Carpool parking permit holders may have their vPermit disqualified upon breaching any of these conditions of use
- A carpool parking vPermit does not permit parking in the absence of a valid Macquarie University carparking permit.
Allocation of a carpool parking vPermit does NOT guarantee a parking space
Content owner: Macquarie University Property Last updated: 05 Sep 2019 12:28pm