Are you sure you want to cancel?
If you only a need a few weeks break, why not submit an online suspension request. This will save time and hassle when you want to start again. Macquarie University Sport offers 84 days FREE suspension per calendar year for Direct Debit memberships.
It is the responsibility of each member to cancel their membership. Non-attendance does not warrant a refund or cancellation. Memberships will not automatically cancel due to non-attendance. Cancellation requests can be submitted at the Customer Service Desk or by using the form below.
Cancellation request terms and conditions
- Direct Debit Membership cancellations require at least 15 days notice.
- Term Memberships can be cancelled but are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Members must submit an individual request for each membership they wish to be cancelled.
- Cancellation requests will not be accepted if the member has outstanding payments.
- Members must have completed one full direct debit cycle to cancel.
- Submitting this form gives Macquarie University Sport the authority to attempt to collect these arrears using the financial information we have on file.
- Final Direct Debit payments will be charged a pro-rata amount.
- Membership cancellation will not be honoured if any membership payment amounts are not received.
- Members cannot cancel and suspend their memberships simultaneously. The fifteen (15) days’ notice will begin the day the member comes off suspension.
- A medical cancellation will be available where a member has a medical condition precluding participation in the membership for a minimum four consecutive weeks. Medical conditions include prolonged illness, hospitalisation, broken bones and contagious diseases. The member must submit a Cancellation Request within four weeks of incurring the medical condition, and provide a supporting medical certificate covering the refund period. Please attach supporting medical certificate.
- Online membership cancellation is not available for Sport Programs members inclusive of gymnastics, swimming and martial arts memberships.
To discuss your membership cancellation please call (02) 9850 7636.
Request a cancellation
Note: Once selecting the submit button, please ensure you wait patiently until the page reloads and you see confirmation that your request has been sent successfully. All cancellation requests will be responded to within 5 days.