The Lakeside Challenge registration
Interested in competing in the race that stops the campus? You've come to the right place!
Simply read through the Conditions of Entry below and complete the registration form to get involved. Remember to tell your friends to come along to cheer you on!
Conditions of entry — acknowledgement of risk and disclaimer
As a condition of acceptance of my participation in the Macquarie University Lakeside Challenge:
- I hereby waive myself, my heirs, executers and administrators all and any claims, rights, or cause of action which I or they might suffer or sustain in the course of/or by consequence of my entry or participation in any sporting event.
- I accept that unless I am a Macquarie University Student, the University and Macquarie University Sport does not provide insurance to participate. Please note that Chubb Insurance Company Group Personal Injury Insurance for students does not cover claims or losses caused by or arising out of any pre-existing condition or any condition that has been aggravated and/or degenerative condition.
- I agree to abide by the rules and guidelines governing these events.
- This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promotion or staging of events and the servants, agents, representatives and offices of any of them.
- I consent to receive medical treatment, which may be advisable in the event of any illness or injury suffered by me during my participation in the events.
- I give permission for the free use of my name, voice or picture in any broadcast, transmission, advertising promotion, or other account or events.
- Should any event be cancelled for any reason whatsoever, I understand that no liability or any kind will attach to any person, corporation or body involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the events.
- I accept that the University and Macquarie University Sport encouraged all participants to seek medical advice before the start of the event about their fitness to participate in the chosen activity.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry, if the participant does not behave in a responsible manner, is under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, is wearing a costume that is deemed offensive or does not adhere to the Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre and Sporting Fields Terms & Conditions of Entry.