Gather your team, plan your costume and prepare for the ultimate challenge! Each year Macquarie University Sport hosts the Amazing Race - and like the aforementioned reality television series, you will be asked to solve problems, complete challenges and compete against fellow staff and students to be crowned the winner of the campus race!
Teams of four will leave the start point with a map and their first clue which they must crack to determine their destination. At each check point located throughout the campus your team must work quickly together to complete a fun physical or mental challenge in order to gain points and to receive the clue to find your next checkpoint.
This exciting event will allow you to get to know your campus, meet new friends, challenge yourself and have a whole lot of fun while doing it.
Enter as a team of four or as an individual and we will pop you in a team.
The next Amazing Race will run in 2019.
Macquarie University Campus - to be confirmed.
To be confirmed.
Prizes will be awarded for the following:
Email the team at email@example.com
'The Ultimate Avengers' - 1 hour 0 minutes and 50 seconds
'99 Problems, but a Team Ain't One' - 115 points
Spirit of the Event
Spirit of the Event
How to Register for the Amazing Race:
Registrations for the Amazing Race are currently closed. The next event will run in 2019.
Terms and Conditions of the Amazing Race:
- I understand and have been warned that sports activities carry risk of injury, illness or death. I, and if being a minor, my parent/s, guardian/s, for and on behalf of me, acknowledge that during all times I am on the premises of or included in or undertaking any sporting activity in any location which is organised, approved or endorsed by Macquarie University Sport as an activity for me to take part in, my person is at my own risk and I accept all risk.
- I release Macquarie University Sport from any claims or liability in relation to personal injury, death or disease which may arise from any cause including the act or omission, negligence or on any other basis of Macquarie University Sport, its employees, servants, agents, independent contractors, voluntary workers, other users of the facility or participants in the activities or spectators or other parties providing services through or in the sporting related facilities (including the Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre and Macquarie University Sport Fields) of Macquarie University Sport. However this release does not exclude any liability as a supplier of recreational services for reckless conduct causing significant personal injury, or other claims or liability that cannot be excluded due to law.
- I also release Macquarie University Sport from any claims by or liability to me for any loss or damage to property that may arise from any cause (including the negligence, act or omission of Macquarie University Sport or other persons referred to above).
- I warrant that I / my child is physically fit and able to engage in a fitness and/or exercise program, and acknowledge Macquarie University Sport’s recommendation to consult a medical practitioner prior to the commencement of an exercise program.
- I accept that unless I am a Macquarie University Student, Macquarie University and Macquarie University Sport do not provide insurance to participate in this event. Please note that Chubb Insurance Company Group Personal Injury Insurance for students does not cover claims or losses caused by or arising out of any pre-existing condition or any condition that has been aggravated and/or degenerative condition.
- This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promotion or staging of events and the servants, agents, representatives and offices of any of them.
- I consent to receive medical treatment, which may be advisable in the event of any illness or injury suffered by me during my participation in the event.
- I give permission for the free use of my name, voice or picture in any broadcast, transmission, advertising promotion, or other account or events.
- Should the event be cancelled for any reason whatsoever, I understand that no liability of any kind will attach to any person, corporation or body involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the events.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry if the participant does not behave in a responsible manner, is under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, and is wearing a costume that is deemed offensive or does not adhere to the Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre and Sporting Fields Terms & Conditions of Entry.
- I agree to abide by the rules and guidelines governing these events.
In this document Macquarie University Sport means U@MQ Ltd ABN 27 125 926 169 which trades as Macquarie University Sport and as Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre, together with Macquarie University.
Contact Us About the Amazing Race:
Have a question or query you feel hasn’t been answered? Would you like to know more? Contact us on 9850 9480 or send your enquiry to this page about the Amazing Race. Need an answer right away? Why not try the LiveChat feature in the bottom right hand corner of this page. We have a representative on standby ready and willing to help!