Organising your building access
- Your Campus card will be issued to you when you commence at the University as either a student or staff member. The University's Campus Card is integrated with our Campus Access Control system which enables individuals to access certain controlled areas when activated.
- Application for access to relevant student/teaching/work areas needs to be approved prior to its activation. This is done through your Faculty/Department nominated Access Control Administrator - see below for the listing. If you are unsure which Faculty/Department you need, contact the Security Control Centre on 9850 7112 or email email@example.com
- Activation of access privileges is done by the nominated Administrator and once programmed is available immediately for use.
- Door readers operate by placing your campus card approx 1cm from the front face of the reader. Hold the card in position for 1-2 seconds, until you hear a beep and the red light turns to green, the door will unlock allowing you to open the door. Try again if the door does not open, if it is still not opening contact your Administrator or Security Services (ext 7112 or 9850 7112).
- Keypad readers are a door reader that incorporates a pin pad. To gain access during normal office hours simply swipe your card over the Number "5" key. Staff may need to access doors where these readers do require a Pin code, your Access Control Administrator will be able to provide you with a Pin code if it is confirmed that you require access. To access using a Pin code, swipe your card over the Number "5", wait till the light goes green, then enter your Pin code.
- Take care of your card, do not punch holes, bend, scratch the magnetic strip or expose to extreme heat, as the cards contain technical data to enable them to be operational. Replacement cards will incur a fee.
Content owner: Macquarie University Property Last updated: 05 Sep 2019 12:55pm