As a Macquarie University staff member or student, you will most likely require access to a number of the areas/buildings across the Campus, some of which are "access controlled".
The University's access control system is integrated within its Campus Card environment, so you are able to use your Card for many varied functions, including swipe card access.
Find out more about the University's Campus Card.
- Your Campus card will be issued to you when you commence at the University as either a student or staff member. The University's Campus Card is integrated with our Campus Access Control system which enables individuals to access certain controlled areas when activated.
- Application for access to relevant student/teaching/work areas needs to be approved prior to its activation. This is done through your Faculty/Department nominated Access Control Administrator - see below for the listing. If you are unsure which Faculty/Department you need, contact the Security Control Centre on 9850 7112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activation of access privileges is done by the nominated Administrator and once programmed is available immediately for use.
- Door readers operate by placing your campus card approx 1cm from the front face of the reader. Hold the card in position for 1-2 seconds, until you hear a beep and the red light turns to green, the door will unlock allowing you to open the door. Try again if the door does not open, if it is still not opening contact your Administrator or Security Services (ext 7112 or 9850 7112).
- Keypad readers are a door reader that incorporates a pin pad. To gain access during normal office hours simply swipe your card over the Number "5" key. Staff may need to access doors where these readers do require a Pin code, your Access Control Administrator will be able to provide you with a Pin code if it is confirmed that you require access. To access using a Pin code, swipe your card over the Number "5", wait till the light goes green, then enter your Pin code.
- Take care of your card, do not punch holes, bend, scratch the magnetic strip or expose to extreme heat, as the cards contain technical data to enable them to be operational. Replacement cards will incur a fee.
|Access Requirement||Location||Authorised Contact||Contact Email|
|Faculty of Arts|
|Arts||Various areas (exceptions listed below)||Anoush Bohosianemail@example.com|
|HDR Candidates||10 Hadenfeld Ave||
|Law||6 First Walk||Debbie Loofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MMCCS||10 Hadenfeld Ave||
|SSC||10 Hadenfeld Ave||
|Faculty of Business and Economics|
|FBE||4 Eastern Rd||Loretta Sayyademail@example.com|
|Faculty of Human Sciences|
|Cognitive Science||16 University Ave||
|Education||Various areas||Alison Pollardfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Institute of Early Childhood (IEC)||29 Wally's Walk||Julie McCorquodaleemail@example.com|
|Linguistics||12 Second Way||Margaret Woodfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Psychology||4 First Walk||Neville McElroyemail@example.com|
|Psychology - Emotional Health||16 University Ave||Shari Hendriksfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Psychology - MUPC||16 University Ave||Sabina Morrowemail@example.com|
|Psychology - MUCHE||4 Eastern Rd||Meredith Lillfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Psychology - Mindspot||16 University Ave||Carol Purtellemail@example.com|
|Special Education Centre||14 First Walk||
|SIM Hub||10 Hadenfeld Ave||Mark Wigginsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences|
|Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI)||75 Talavera Rd||Sheree Crickemail@example.com|
|Biomedical Sciences||75 Talavera Rd||Laura Neweyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clinical Medicine||75 Talavera Rd||Collette Tosenemail@example.com|
|Faculty||75 Talavera Rd||Kate Macfarlanefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Health Professions - Physiotherapy||75 Talavera Rd||Kaisha Byrneemail@example.com|
|Faculty of Science and Engineering|
|APAF||6 Wally's Walk||Alamgir Khanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Science||All Science Areas||Ron Claassensemail@example.com|
|DVC - Research|
|Animal Research Facility||15 Research Park Dr||Christine Sutterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brain Behaviour & Evolution - Fauna Park||209a Culloden Rd||Robby Milleremail@example.com|
|HDRO||17 Wally's Walk||Lynn Davisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Research Office||17 Wally's Walk||Eleanor Johnsonemail@example.com|
|DVC - Students and Registrar|
|Campus Life||8 Link Rd|
1 Central Courtyard
10 Gymnasium Rd
|MUSE||18 Wally's Walkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|DVC - Academic|
|LTC||25 Wally's Walk|
2 First Walk
|Library||16 Macquarie Walk||
Library Study Spaces
|MUIC||10 Macquarie Walk||Paula Jimenezplazaemail@example.com|
|Macquarie International||10 Macquarie Walk||Natalia Villenafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|PACE||3 Innovation Rd||Georgette Roumanosemail@example.com|
|Business Services, OFS||3 Innovation Rd||Andrew Hallmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Human Resources||17 Wally's Walk||Laura Salteremail@example.com|
|Information Technology||Various areas||Raj Koulfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Property||2 Link Rd||Sharon Crosbyemail@example.com|
|MGSM||1 Executive Rd||Loretta Sayyadfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|English Language Centre||8 Sir Christopher Ondaatje Ave||Pamela Humphreysemail@example.com|