Macquarie Accommodation portal
Log in to the Macquarie Accommodation Portal to:
- Check your account balance or make a payment for your accommodation
- Lodge a maintenance request
- Update your personal details
- your responsibilities as a resident
- the processes we use to manage your accommodation
- Strata by-laws
- and lots of other useful information
Read and understand the handbook before contacting Accommodation Services.
Maintenance request and repairs
Need help fixing something? If you need help to get something fixed, please log into the Macquarie Accommodation Portal to complete an online maintenance request.
Maintenance requests are processed during office hours by our Accommodation Officers, and are dealt with on a priority basis. Urgent repairs will be actioned quicker than non-urgent repairs.
Contact us for urgent maintenance requests including:
- doors not locking
- broken windows
Under no circumstance are students permitted to repair electrical, plumbing, glass or any other repairs.
Residential Advisors (RA) at each location are available to provide support and pastoral care to residents.
- Dayman Apartments - 0427 858 189
- Herring Road Apartments - unit 23 / 0408 194 051
If you would like a linen pack for your Herring Road or Dayman Apartments room ready for your arrival then please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org before you arrive.
Due to limited availability, we recommend advising us at least 21 days before you arrive.
Linen packs cost $135.00 and include 2 flat sheets, pillow case & pillow, polyester quilt fill & quilt cover and a towel.
If you would like to purchase additional items please look through the Packsy Catalogue. Packsy provides welcome packages for international students coming to Sydney. Individual items for the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom can also be purchased via Packsy.
Guide to insects in Sydney
Insects are a part of life in Australia and play a critical role in maintaining Australia’s biodiversity. Given Sydney’s coastal climate it is guaranteed you will come across insects in the home at some point during your stay with us. Do not be alarmed by this!
Please look through the following Guide to insects in Sydney. This guide lists the common insects you will likely come across and the steps you can take to reduce insects in the home.
How do I get telephone connection?
- If the previous tenants have connected the telephone line, you will only need to pay a reconnection fee.
- If the line has not been previously connected, you may might be required to pay the initial connection fee.
- The telephone line in the common area of your apartment should be shared by all housemates and costs divided appropriately. You should note that Accommodation Services will not be liable for any costs incurred with respect to telephone connections. If you want to set up a telephone connection, here are some options:
How do I get internet connection?
A wireless network is available for students on campus.
Note - Dayman residents have wireless Internet in the building and just need to set up and purchase an account when they arrive.
If you’d prefer to set up your own Internet connection (i.e. a dial-up connection, broadband connection, an ADSL connection and a wireless connection), you’ll need to arrange this with your Internet service provider
If you want a mobile phone, credit or set up a plan, there are many different types of deals around. Tips:
- Do your research before you decide to sign a contract
- Make sure the deal is flexible and cheap
- Pre-paid mobile phones are also available Ask questions before you buy
Visit phone service providers at Macquarie Centre or research online:
Setting up a bank account
The Macquarie Shopping Centre has:
Looking for furniture?
If you are looking for additional furniture for your room, the following are popular choices and at reasonable prices:
Second hand furniture
Please note that should you wish to bring your own furniture with you, and not utilise the furniture already provided in the room, you will need to organise storage of the furniture as we are not able to assist with this. You will need to return it to the room, in the same condition as when you moved it out, at the end of your stay
Checking out of your apartment
Before you move out of your apartment:
- Your bedroom and common area furniture should be in the same configuration as when you moved in
- Your bedroom and common areas are clean and tidy. Ensure you have removed all your belongings from the apartment as anything left behind will be considered unwanted and will be disposed of.
- Return your house keys to the Accommodation Office before 11:00 am on your scheduled check out date or to your residential advisor (contact below) outside of business hours
- You are responsible for your keys until you hand them back to Accommodation Services, or your resident advisor, at the end of your stay. Do not leave your keys with a friend/ family member to hand back for you.