Conditions for borrowing Library materials
In these rules the word 'book' shall include any book, periodical, pamphlet, microform, film, audio or video cassette, compact disc, computer software, multimedia kit, map and any other Library material.
- No book may be removed from the Library without a loan having been first recorded in the manner determined by the University Librarian, and such loan being subject to the Conditions of Loan laid down from time to time by the University Librarian and displayed on the Library website.
- Macquarie ID cards, Associate and Reciprocal Borrowers' cards are not transferable. Card holders are responsible for any transaction involving the use of their card.
- A borrower shall not part with possession of any book on loan from the Library nor permit any other person to have use of or access to any such book. Books remain the property of the University Library.
- No person shall without proper authority remove or alter any record or insertion required for the transaction of a loan which has been put in a Library book.
- Every book borrowed from the Library must be returned to the Library by the date due recorded in the Library's system.
- Every borrower requested to return an overdue book must return the item immediately.
- Not withstanding the conditions of loan in operation at any time the University Librarian may vary the loan period for any book or may recall a book at any time. When such recall is made the book shall be returned by the date specified in the recall notice.
- The loan period can be varied at any time. Every book is subject to recall. When a recall is made the book shall be returned by the date specified in the recall notice.
- If a book is not returned by the due date the full cost of its replacement or an amount as determined from time to time shall on demand be payable to the University by the borrower together with a service fee.
- Users are responsible for all books consulted, whether borrowed for use outside the Library or not, and will be held liable for any loss, mutilation or other damage. The full cost of either repair or replacement shall on demand be payable to the University, together with a service fee.
Please be aware that any overdue item or outstanding library fee over $50 will prevent you from borrowing.