Items on loan become overdue if they are not returned or renewed by the due date.
- You will get a reminder email before your item's due date or if your item has been recalled
- If your items become overdue, your borrowing rights will be immediately suspended. Once the items are returned, borrowing rights are reinstated
- If you do not return the item, you will receive an email invoice for replacement costs plus an administration fee
- If items are subsequently returned, the replacement costs may be waived, but the administration fee stands
- Outstanding Library charges prevent you from re-enrolling, graduating, accessing academic transcripts and exam results
- Student Library fees are transferred to the Cashier’s Office once a month and then will no longer be visible on MyLibrary. Once transferred, they can be paid via E-Student. Staff and Community member fees will remain on MyLibrary but should be paid through the Cashiers Office.
How to avoid penalties
- Return borrowed items by due date
- Check your My Library account regularly for due dates or recalled items, and to renew items
- Check your email for Library notifications. These are sent to your official Macquarie University email address or, for Community members, the email address you nominated on your application
|Borrowing blocked until item returned or renewed||Yes|
|Regular loans||After 60 days - Invoice $150 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Reserve (3 hr loan)||Invoice $200 for replacement costs next business day plus $25 administration fee|
|Ultrabooks (24 hr loan)||After 1 day - invoice $2304.50 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Self-Serve Kiosk Laptops (4 hour loan)||After 1 day - invoice $2304.50 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Laptop locker keys (24 hour loan)||After 2 days - invoice $150 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Muse Headbands||After 2 days - invoice $405 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Serials (ARC)||After 2 days- invoice $150 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Interlibrary loans||Lost items invoiced for replacement cost by supplying library|
|Recalled items||After 2 days from recall due date - invoice $150 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
Conditions for borrowing Library materials
- All loanable items remain the property of Macquarie University Library.
- Campus Cards and other issued borrowing cards are not transferable. The cardholder is responsible for all transactions on their card.
- All items removed from the Library must have a loan recorded against them.
- Items not returned by the due date, or returned damaged, will result in suspension of borrowing privileges and repair/replacement costs.
- The Library may vary a loan period or recall an item at any time.