Conditions for borrowing Library materials
- All loanable items remain the property of Macquarie University Library.
- Campus Cards and other issued borrowing cards are not transferable. The cardholder is responsible for all transactions on their card.
- All items removed from the Library must have a loan recorded against them.
- Items not returned by the due date, or returned damaged, will result in suspension of borrowing privileges and repair/replacement costs.
- The Library may vary a loan period or recall an item at any time.
- present all books and the contents of bags and cases for inspection on request by a staff member, or when the electronic security alarm indicates that an item may have been incompletely loaned.
Items on loan become overdue if they are not returned or renewed by the due date.
- You will get a reminder email before your item's due date or if your item has been recalled
- If your items become overdue, your borrowing rights will be immediately suspended. Once the items are returned, borrowing rights are reinstated
- If you do not return the item, you will receive an email invoice for replacement costs plus an administration fee
- If items are subsequently returned, the replacement costs may be waived, but the administration fee stands
- Outstanding Library charges prevent you from re-enrolling, graduating, accessing academic transcripts and exam results
- Student Library fees are transferred to the Cashier’s Office once a month and then will no longer be visible on MyLibrary. Once transferred, they can be paid via E-Student. Staff and Community member fees will remain on MyLibrary but should be paid through the Cashiers Office.
- How to pay guide
How to avoid penalties
- Return borrowed items by due date
- Check your My Library account regularly for due dates or recalled items, and to renew items
- Check your email for Library notifications. These are sent to your official Macquarie University email address or, for Community members, the email address you nominated on your application
|Borrowing blocked until item returned or renewed||Yes|
|Regular loans||After 60 days - Invoice $150 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Reserve (3 hr loan)||Invoice $200 for replacement costs next business day plus $25 administration fee|
|Self-Serve Laptops (4 hour loan)||After 1 day - invoice up to $2304.50 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Laptop locker keys (24 hour loan)||After 2 days - invoice $150 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Muse Headbands||After 2 days - invoice $405 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Serials (ARC)||After 2 days- invoice $150 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
|Interlibrary loans||Lost items invoiced for replacement cost by supplying library|
|Recalled items||After 2 days from recall due date - invoice $150 for replacement costs plus $25 administration fee|
Content owner: Library Last updated: 24 Jan 2020 11:44am