Conditions of use
Conditions of use
All users of the Library have a right to pursue their research or study without unnecessary disturbance or distraction and have an obligation to respect the rights of others. Any person who is causing a disturbance will be asked to leave. All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Users of Macquarie University Library must:
- show or surrender their Macquarie ID card, Associate or Reciprocal Borrower's card or other evidence of identity when requested by an authorised representative of the University Librarian.
- comply with the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968, the Copyright Amendment (Digital Agenda) Act 2000 and other amendments and regulations currently in force. Users are referred to the statutory notice posted adjacent to copying machines. Copies of these Acts are available for reference at the Library Service Desk.
- present all books and the contents of bags and cases for inspection on request by a staff member, or when the electronic security alarm indicates that an item may have been incompletely loaned.
- respect the right of others to study, learn and research in the Library. Soliciting donations, support or adherence to causes is not permitted unless the activity is sanctioned in advance by the University.
- Computing facilities
- Food and drink
- Safety, health and emergencies
- Use of study desks
- Borrowing Library materials
- Overdue items
- Order new material
Use of all computing facilities in the Library building is subject to the University's Information Technology Security Policy & Rules. Computers on levels 1 and 2 are provided by the Library for research and study only.
- Be considerate of others.
- Turn mobile phones to silent on entry to the Library. Calls may be taken.
- Drinks in sealed containers are permitted on Level 1 and Level 2 of the Library. No food is permitted past the security gates on level 2.
- Food and drink is permitted in the study spaces on levels 3, 4 and 5, and the Library entrance area of Level 2. Spill-proof containers are to be used for all food and drink consumed in these areas.
- All rubbish must be placed in bins provided and study spaces left free of litter.
- Any spills should be reported immediately to Library staff.
- The delivery of food to library users from external suppliers [e.g.: pizza] is not permitted.
- Smoking is permitted only in the Smoking Zones around the campus. Refer smoke free campus policy.
- Except in cases of emergency, the Library does not page users or accept telephone messages on their behalf.
- Library users must obey public announcements regarding closing times.
- Only guide dogs and other animals approved under the University's Disability Policy are permitted in the Library.
- Library lifts are primarily for the use of transporting books, library equipment, and people with disabilities.