In 2014 and 2015 our final year Chiropractic Interns attended the Dancekool competition finals in Sydney's Inner West. This event is quite popular with the interns as they are able to experience a dance battle competition whilst treating the participants!
National Chiropractic Care Week, 2011
In 2011, National Chiropractic Care Week ran from Monday 23 – Sunday 29 May with a focus on Posture and Mobility.
- Monday 23 May – At the Marquee in the Central Courtyard; 11am – 2pm
- Tuesday 24 May – Near the Stage in the Atrium; 11 am – 2pm
- Wednesday 25 May – Near the Stage In the Atrium; 11am – 2pm
- Thursday 26 May, a free BBQ to the first 100 visitors to take up a posture check in the Central Courtyard. Look for our Sports Chiropractic Australia Marquee; 11am – 2pm.
Additional information about Posture and Mobility can be found at the Chiropractic Associations’ Website https://chiropractors.asn.au/home , or view the Just Start Walking Australian Promotion at http://www.juststartwalking.com.au/. You can also catch up with our interns at our Clinics located at Summer Hill, Eastwood and Macquarie Park.
Photos Courtesy of Anthony Hale
Interesting Chiropractic Facts:
- Up to 90% of people have poor posture. Your posture directly affects your health.
- Improved posture can lead to better overall well-being – Health spine, Healthy life.
- Chiropractic is highly effective and safe choice for spinal health care.
- Chiropractors complete a 5 year University program of study (combination of Undergraduate and Clinical Based Postgraduate program at Macquarie University).
- The spine is the backbone of posture.
- The spine connects with our nervous system and the postural issues we may suffer from can have an impact on the health of other parts of our bodies.
- There are three key areas of the spine – Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar.
- To fully understand your spine,visit www.whatsyoursposture.com.au.
- It’s never too early or too late to start addressing postural issues.
All facts and figures and information regarding National Chiropractic Care Week (NCCW) are taken from media materials provided by the Chiropractic Association of Australia (National).
Monday 21 – Friday 25 is Orientation ‘O’ Week at Macquarie University. Final Year Student Interns will be available at the MUCSA marquee to provide a free postural analysis and provide information about chiropractic and your posture. The interns will be available from 11am – 2pm all week.
Photos Courtesy of Dr Aron Downie, Chiropractor and Karinna Handley
Working together with Sports Chiropractic Australia, Macquarie University interns were a proud member of the medical team supporting the competitors of the 2009 World Masters Games, hosted in Sydney from the 10 – 18th October 2009. This was the 7th World Masters Games, and with over 30, 000 competitors participating this is the world’s largest multi sporting event.
Competition ran across 9 days with our teams in attendance at 16 of the 28 sporting venues including Tennis, Hockey, Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Surf Life Saving, Basketball, Rowing, Canoeing, Kayaking, Soccer, Netball, Rugby Union, Touch Football, Softball and Cycling. In addition to these events our teams also operated a chiropractic clinic within the main Dome of Sydney Olympic Park from the 8th October.
The Macquarie University interns are grateful for the many local, national and international chiropractors whom donated their time to supervise and share their expertise during the games. Macquarie University also recognises the financial support of the Chiropractors’ Association of Australia (National) whom supplied branded equipment which is now utilised at local fieldwork events.
Photos are published with the kind permission of Peter Garbutt (photographer)