Cool Little Kids Online
About the Cool Little Kids Online Program
Cool Little Kids Online is an online parenting program that aims to increase the confidence of young children, so that they have fewer anxiety problems as they grow. It is based on the world renowned Cool Little Kids program developed at Macquarie University. The program uses the principles of cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and is backed by scientific studies showing its effectiveness in reducing current and future fears and worries for young children.
Cool Little Kids Online is designed to increase your knowledge and build practical skills in managing and responding to your child’s fears and worries. The program contains 8 'modules' with easy to read information, practical skills, videos and stories from other parents who have done the program. Each module takes about 30-60 minutes to complete. The program does require a commitment of your time and effort—but the reward will be worth it—a more confident, less fearful child!
Topics covered in the program include:
- How shyness and anxiety develop
- How to gradually and gently teach your child to face their fears
- How to use rewards to increase your child’s bravery
- How to reduce unhelpful parenting strategies
- How to help your child become more independent
- How to keep your thoughts accurate
- How to prepare for future challenges
Who is Cool Little Kids Online For?
Cool Little Kids Online is suitable for a parent if:
- Their child is 3 to 6 years old
- Anxiety or shyness is the main problem causing their child difficulty,
- Anxiety or shyness is affecting the child’s day-to-day life, and
- Parent can read and write in English (e.g. read a magazine or newspaper and complete written forms)
Cost of Cool Little Kids Online
Cool Little Kids Online costs AU$170. This includes:
- 12 months access to Cool Little Kids Online
- Practice activities to implement skills
- Technical support
Parents wanting additional support can opt to receive telephone sessions with an experienced psychologist during the program. These sessions provide an opportunity for parents to:
- Ask questions about the program material,
- Discuss progress and how to apply the Cool Little Kids skills to their child’s fears and worries, and
- Receive guidance on how to overcome any problems encountered using the skills.
Telephone sessions are AU$115 per 30 minute session.
How to Get Involved
You can enrol in the program by completing the Registration Form.
When your enrolment is received and payment processed a login for the program will be sent to you within 3 business days.
Please contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9850 8711 if you have any questions.
Content owner: Centre for Emotional Health Last updated: 11 Mar 2020 2:26pm