Cool Little Kids
About the Cool Little Kids Program
The Cool Little Kids program is an early intervention program targeted at parents of 3 to 6 year old children who exhibit excessive shyness or anxiety. Cool Little Kids equips parents with both knowledge and practical skills and tips on how to help their child manage and overcome anxiety.
The program uses Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) techniques to give parents effective tools and strategies to assist their child. Topics of the program include:
- Understanding anxiety and shyness in preschool children
- Causes and risk factors for child anxiety
- Helpful and unhelpful ways of responding to anxiety in children
- Skills and strategies to help your child build brave behaviours and face fears
- Dealing with setbacks and difficulties
- How to maintain progress after the program ends.
The program consists of 6 group sessions across a 6-8 week period, held at the same time each week. Each session runs for approximately 2 hours.
To find out more about completing the Cool Little Kids Program, please read through the Cool Little Kids Flyer.
If you are interested in completing the program please contact us by telephone on 02 9850 8711 or register your interest.
We also offer individual therapy for both the Cool Little Kids Program and treatment of other issues such as oppositional behaviour and parenting confidence with registered psychologists and clinical psychologists. Further information can be found on our Individual Therapy page.