Art and craft, drama, cooking, sport, incursions and excursions by an approved child care provider.
Macquarie University Vacation Care provides a fun and safe recreational program for up to 60 primary school aged children per day during the school holidays.
The program, founded on the National Quality Framework My Time Our Place, changes each holiday period, and is based on our educators' understanding of the interests and developmental levels of school-aged children. Activities vary according to the age of the child.
When possible, the children also provide input into daily activities, making suggestions for both the current and future programs.
To book a place in the upcoming holiday program
Families who have previously attended Vacation Care should Login to Hubworks using their previous username and password (do not press the Enrol button).
If you have not done this before, please complete the new ‘Conditions of Enrolment’ that is located under the parent’s profile when you click on ‘MyAccount’. Also, please take this opportunity to update the information provided in Hubworks for you, your child and emergency contact people and make sure your contact details are up to date. If you have previously provided us with a copy of your child’s immunisation record and birth certificate, we will be uploading this for you on to Hubworks. If you have not provided these documents before, please provide them at your earliest convenience.
Families who have not previously attended Macquarie University Vacation Care:
Enrol with Hubworks and fully complete the Enrolment Form and the ‘Conditions of Enrolment’ at the end of the form. Please note that you must upload a copy of your child’s immunisation record within the Enrolment Form on Hubworks. Enter a Mastercard or Visacard detail and please do not register an AMEX card as we are unable to accept this.
Once this first process is completed the next step is to select days to attend.
- Click on the heart symbol at the top of the page in Hubworks to go to BookMe. This is the booking system for Vacation Care.
- Please DO NOT pay through BookMe at the time of booking. All fees will be processed after the end of the Vacation Care program by January 31st. This will enable the CCS to be confirmed prior to the fees being processed.
- If you cannot see information in BookMe on a day during the school holiday period, this means that the day is sold out. Please email us to be put on the waiting list.
- Additional forms to complete are the Excursion Form and the Image Consent Form. Once you have downloaded and completed these, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that all forms must be completed and uploaded by Tuesday 24 September. Families who have not submitted forms by this date will be contacted and asked to do this immediately.
- complete the medication forms in advance if know you will be leaving medication for your child. Bring these form/s with you to Vacation Care.
Next step: Download and read the Fee Payment Policy
When: NSW school holidays, 7.30am - 6.15pm
Where: Building S11A, 11 University Avenue, Macquarie University (W17 on the map). Follow the pathway to the end of the veranda.
Parking: Limited parking is available during drop off/pick up times.
Meals: We provide a healthy afternoon tea each day.
What to bring: Children are to wear comfortable clothing with closed-in shoes, and bring a water bottle, hat, morning tea and lunch. Children should pack a spare set of clothes each day.
Picking up children in the afternoon: We may have staff members at Vacation Care in the afternoon during the sign-out period that have not met you. As such, please be prepared to show photo identification to collect children from Vacation Care.
$71 per day (plus any extra activities or excursions).
Macquarie University Vacation Care is an approved child care provider, so eligible families may have their fees reduced through the Child Care Subsidy. We recommend you become familiar with the Fee Payment Policy before booking into Vacation Care.
T: (02) 9850 9407 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
T: (02) 9850 9485 (Thursday, Friday)
T: (02) 9850 4680 (school holidays - play room)
T: (02) 9850 1120 (school holidays - office)
M: 0410 458 022 (school holidays)
Child Safe Commitment Statement
Campus Life is committed to the safety, well-being and empowerment of all children and young people engaging in our programs and to protect them from foreseeable harm.
Campus Life treats all allegations and complaints about the safety and wellbeing of children seriously and is committed to ensuring that its staff, volunteers and contractors understand the legal obligations to report child abuse and neglect to government authorities. Every Campus Life employee has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role he/she plays, individually and collectively, to ensure that the well-being and safety of all children and young people is at the forefront of all they do.
Find out more
Fill out the form below with your details and we'll get back to you shortly.