Art and craft, drama, cooking, sport, incursions and excursions by an approved child care provider.
Macquarie University Vacation Care provides a fun and safe recreational program for up to 55 primary school aged children per day during the school holidays.
The program, founded on the National Quality Framework My Time Our Place, changes each holiday period, and is based on our educators' understanding of the interests and developmental levels of school-aged children. Activities vary according to the age of the child.
When possible, the children also provide input into daily activities, making suggestions for both the current and future programs.
Update: Vacation Care is fully booked. Email us if you'd like to be put on the waiting list.
Bookings are now open.Please ensure that you have Enrolled with Hubworks if you have not previously attended our Vacation Care OR ensure you know your Hubworks login detail and that your information contained in Hubworks is correct.
- Families who have not previously attended Vacation Care must Enrol with Hubworks first. We will send you your login details once you do this (please allow 3 working days).
- Families who have previously attended Vacation Care should Login to Hubworks (do not press the Enrol button).
- Click on the heart symbol at the top of the page in Hubworks to go to BookMe. This is the booking system for Vacation Care.
- Additional forms to complete are the Excursion Form and Children's Authorisation Form.
- Please note that all forms must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 26 September. Families who have not submitted forms by this date will be notified that their bookings have been cancelled.
- complete the medication forms in advance if know you will be leaving medication for your child.
- Self-administer medication (child administers their own medication)
- Permission to administer medication (a staff member assists a child to take medication)
- Please do not make any payment when booking as the Child Care Subsidy is not being applied through BookMe. Payment of fees, inclusive of any CSS will be processed by the Vacation Care team on each Friday for any bookings made that week.
- Download the Fee Payment Policy
When: NSW school holidays, 7.30am - 6.15pm
Where: Building S11A, 11 University Avenue, Macquarie University (W17 on the map). Follow the pathway to the end of the veranda.
Parking: Limited parking is available during drop off/pick up times.
Meals: We provide a healthy afternoon tea each day.
What to bring: Children are to wear comfortable clothing with closed-in shoes, and bring a water bottle, hat, morning tea and lunch. Children should pack a spare set of clothes each day.
Picking up children in the afternoon: We may have staff members at Vacation Care in the afternoon during the sign-out period that have not met you. As such, please be prepared to show photo identification to collect children from Vacation Care.
$65 per day (plus any extra activities or excursions).
Macquarie University Vacation Care is an approved child care provider, so eligible families may have their fees reduced through the Child Care Subsidy. We recommend you become familiar with the Fee Payment Policy before booking into Vacation Care.
T: (02) 9850 4680 (school holidays) or (02) 98507740 (school terms)
M: 0410 458 022 (school holidays)
Find out more
Fill out the form below with your details and we’ll get back to you shortly.