Junior Science Academy
Junior Science Academy
Blast off into the world of science in a fun, safe environment.
Is your child ready to experiment, ask questions, wonder, investigate and - maybe - get a little messy? They'll do all this and more as they explore science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) concepts through fun, hands-on activities. At the Macquarie Junior Science Academy, primary-school age children can explore the world in a new light through engaging and interactive experiences. Think space, dinosaurs, explosions, medicine, rocks and more!
Developed by experts and delivered by experienced educators, the program is aligned with the NSW Science and Technology Syllabus and the Early Years Learning Framework. Classes are relevant and age-appropriate and new courses are added twice a year.
Please note that our Coordinators work Monday-Thursday only during the school term and will endeavour to respond to your enquiries within 24hrs on these days. Email is the best way to contact us.
P: 02 9850 1118
Junior Science Academy Mobile: 0447 520 481 (during school holiday program times only)
Waiting list: if the class you would like to enrol in is full, email your contact details and the class name and date and we will put you on the waiting list.
April 2020 Program - Open for Bookings
Tuesday 14 April - Friday 24 April
- Location - Macquarie University
- Cost - $126.50 per day
- Please note the Junior Science Academy is not registered for the Child Care Subsidy and no rebates are available
- *Creative Kids Vouchers are only accepted for select classes due to Service NSW criteria. Eligible classes are indicated on the timetable, class descriptions and booking page. Eligible Creative Kids classes are those with a theme of Robotics, Coding or Architecture. Please see the Creative Kids Tab below for more information.
- Schedule for the Day
- Classes will run between 9.30am - 4.30pm. Supervision is provided in a communal playroom 1 hour before and after class.
- Parents can drop off children between 8:30am-9:30am and pick up between 4:30pm-5:30pm.
- Please note for younger age groups (K-1), classes finish at 4.00pm and children can be picked up anytime between 4.00pm - 5:30pm.
- Teachers will provided a short morning tea and afternoon tea break at a suitable time decided on the day. A longer lunch break of 45 minutes will take place at some point between 12pm - 2pm.
- Free temporary parking will be available in designated areas for Drop off and Pickup of children only.
- These spaces are only free for the drop-off (8.30am-10am) and pick-up (4pm- 5.30pm) periods, no ticket display is required during these times. Free parking is not provided for full day parking.
- Once the locations have been confirmed a map will be uploaded here to indicate the zones.
Please see the expandable tabs below for more information on our Cancellation Policy, using Creative Kids Vouchers, What to Bring and our Child Safe Commitment Statement.
Lunch Orders are available!
To Order: You must book your child's lunch order by 10am two business days prior to the date you want the lunch order. Orders received after this time will not be ready in time.
When lunch orders become available you can Click here to Order Lunch
Click here to see the Menu: Three price options are available, with gluten and dairy free choices available. Food is delivered to our program around 10am on the date requested and educators will store it safely and give it to children at lunch time.
Refunds: Only if the food order cancellation is made in writing before 10am two business days prior to the date you have booked the lunch order.
50% refund of ticket prices is payable for cancellation by the Parent/Guardian if more than 24 hours notice (ie before 9:30am the working day prior) is provided. Alternatively and subject to availability, the student may transfer to a different class during the same holiday period at either the Junior Science Academy or Robocamps.
No refunds are payable for cancellation by the Parent/Guardian if less than 24 hours notice (ie from 9:30am the working day prior) is provided.
Creative Kids Vouchers
The Junior Science Academy is now registered for Creative Kids vouchers for selected classes!
Every year, the NSW government will issue a $100 voucher per child for parents to use on approved activities for their children. To receive your voucher, visit this website to apply: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-creative-kids-voucher
Currently 8 of our classes have been approved by Service NSW as eligible for Creative Kids Vouchers and we are working on developing more! Please be aware that not all of our classes are eligible for the voucher, only those specifically indicated on the timetable, class description or booking page. Eligible classes fit with a theme of Robotics, Coding or Architecture.
How to redeem your Creative Kids Voucher when booking an eligible class:
1. Apply for a Creative Kids voucher through Service NSW.
2. Select a Creative Kids eligible class through our booking link.
3. Pay the full amount payable.
4. Send a copy of your Creative Kids voucher number to email@example.com, including the Booking Name. Once verified by our team, you will receive a $100 refund to the account the booking was made with.
PLEASE NOTE: Vouchers will be processed in bulk at regular intervals. The next date for processing will be 24th January 2020. Please ensure you have provided the correct birthdate of your child in the booking form to ensure we can redeem the voucher.
- You will only receive one Creative Kids Voucher valued at $100 for each child, per year. This means that you can only use a Creative Kids Voucher code once a year for each child.
- All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy. Please see this below. Wherever possible we will assist in transferring your booking to another class in the same school holiday period, however this is subject to availability and whether the voucher may be used for that class.
What to bring
- Lunch and morning tea, afternoon tea, water bottle.
- Children are to wear comfortable clothes with closed in shoes.
- Please apply sunscreen to children prior to arrival for their protection during outdoor play.
- Children are provided with a Junior Science Academy hat as they will be involved in outdoor play and walking around Campus.
Child Safe Commitment Statement
Campus Life is committed to the safety, well-being and empowerment of all children and young people engaging in our programs and to protect them from foreseeable harm.
Campus Life treats all allegations and complaints about the safety and wellbeing of children seriously and is committed to ensuring that its staff, volunteers and contractors understand the legal obligations to report child abuse and neglect to government authorities. Every Campus Life employee has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role he/she plays, individually and collectively, to ensure that the well-being and safety of all children and young people is at the forefront of all they do.
Photo Identification on pick up - One of the practical aspects of our Child Safe Commitment is our requirement to see Photo Identification of the person picking up the child for the day. The name on the identification must match the name we have been provided on the booking form as a parent/guardian or authorised person to pick up. Please understand that for the safety of your child we cannot let you pick up a child without evidence of identity.