Junior Science Academy
Junior Science Academy
Blast off into the world of science in a fun, safe environment.
Is your child ready to experiment, ask questions, wonder, investigate and - maybe - get a little messy? They'll do all this and more as they explore science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) concepts through fun, hands-on activities. At the Macquarie Junior Science Academy, pre- and primary-school age children can explore the world in a new light through engaging and interactive experiences. Think space, dinosaurs, explosions, medicine, rocks and more!
Developed by experts and delivered by experienced teachers, the program is aligned with the NSW Science and Technology Syllabus and the Early Years Learning Framework. Classes are relevant and age-appropriate, including smaller classes for younger children, and more challenging content for older ones.
Bookings for October 2019
Monday 30 September - Friday 11 October
Junior Science Academy
- Junior Science Academy classes will be held at Blair Wark VC Community Centre at 1 Dunstan Grove, West Lindfield
- Class timetable and descriptions - Junior Science Academy
- Cost is $126.50 per day. Please note the Junior Science Academy is not registered for the Child Care Subsidy and no rebates are available. Families often choose to do just a few classes each holiday period to manage costs as classes are repeated.
Robotics and Robocamps
- Robotics and Robocamps classes will be held at Cheltenham Girls' High School, The Promenade, Cheltenham
- Class timetable and descriptions - Robotics and Robocamps
- Cost is $126.50 per day. Parents may use a Creative Kids voucher towards costs of Robotics and Robocamps classes (see information below).
- Parent drop off time is 8:30am-9:30am and pick up time is 4:30pm-5:30pm.
- Please note for younger age groups (K-1), classes finish at 4.00pm and parents are welcome to pick their children up anytime between 4.00pm-5:30pm.
What to bring
- Lunch and morning tea, afternoon tea, water bottle.
- Children are to wear comfortable clothes with closed in shoes.
- Children are provided with a Junior Science Academy hat as they will be involved in outdoor play and walking around Campus. Please apply sunscreen to children prior to arrival for their protection during outdoor play. We will have sunscreen available for your use at sign in.
Creative Kids Vouchers
The Junior Science Academy is now registered for Creative Kids vouchers! Every year, the NSW government will issue a $100 voucher for parents to use on activities for their children through Service NSW. Our Robocamps and Coding classes have been verified by this service, so you are welcome to use them when booking those classes.
How to use a Creative Kids Voucher when booking a Robotics or Robocamps class:
1. Apply for a Creative Kids voucher through Service NSW.
2. Select a Robotics or Coding class through our booking link. Eligible classes will state in the class description that the Creative Kids Voucher may be used for the class.
3. Pay the full amount payable.
4. Send a copy of your Creative Kids voucher to email@example.com. Once verified by our team, you will receive a $100 refund.
- You will only receive one Creative Kids Voucher valued at $100 for each child, per year. This means that you can only use a Creative Kids Voucher code once a year for each child.
- All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy. Please see this below. Wherever possible we will assist in transferring your booking to another class in the same school holiday period, however this is subject to availability and whether the voucher may be used for that class.
Child Safe Commitment Statement
Campus Life is committed to the safety, well-being and empowerment of all children and young people engaging in our programs and to protect them from foreseeable harm.
Campus Life treats all allegations and complaints about the safety and wellbeing of children seriously and is committed to ensuring that its staff, volunteers and contractors understand the legal obligations to report child abuse and neglect to government authorities. Every Campus Life employee has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role he/she plays, individually and collectively, to ensure that the well-being and safety of all children and young people is at the forefront of all they do.
50% refund of ticket prices is payable for cancellation by the Parent/Guardian if more than 24 hours notice (ie before 9:30am the working day prior) is provided. Alternatively and subject to availability, the student may transfer to a different class during the same holiday period at either the Junior Science Academy or Robocamps.
No refunds are payable for cancellation by the Parent/Guardian if less than 24 hours notice (ie from 9:30am the working day prior) is provided. Alternatively and subject to availability, the student may transfer to a different class during the same holiday period.
P: 02 9850 1118 Please note that email is the best way to contact us.
Waiting list: if the class you would like to enrol in is full, email your contact details and the class name and date and we will put you on the waiting list. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
M: 0447 520 481 (Junior Science Academy) M: 0417 749 948 (Robocamps classes)
Find out more
Fill out the form below with your details and we'll get back to you shortly.
Incursions and clubs
Our incursions to schools, early education and care centres, and Vacation Care programs are packed full of experiments and activities.
Child Safe environments
Your child’s safety is of paramount importance. All of our staff have valid Working With Children Checks.