There are many benefits to volunteering, for the community, for the individual, as well as for the employer.
- Increased employee retention and loyalty
- Increased employee engagement
- Produce positive business and social outcomes
- Improved community perception and related marketing opportunities
- Demonstrated corporate citizenship activities
- Positive effect on productivity
- increase in employee knowledge, skills and abilities
- Developing communication and leadership; skills
- Improved morale and motivation
- Greater job satisfaction
- Increased personal and professional growth
- Sense of personal achievement
- Access to resources and skills they otherwise would not have
- Access to intellectual capital
- Low cost solution to addressing community issues and needs
- Direct targeting of community needs
- More open and inclusive involvement and interaction
- Building trust and reciprocity amongst stakeholders
- Improving community health and development
Do something you love and give back to our community!
Some of the Sustainability Team working hard to build the socialising skills of the Shelter's dogs! Find out more about their volunteer day experience!