The Macquarie University bushcare group, Bushcare@MQ, launched in October 2008. With some tools in hand and a mission in mind, the dedication of the volunteers has turned the barren riparian zone along Mars Creek into a lush and thriving zone.
Who are we?
The Bushcare@MQ team is a group of Macquarie University staff, students and local community members. New members are very welcome!
What do we do?
Bushcare@MQ meets at various sites around campus to help preserve the biodiversity of our beautiful campus. We meet with a Bush Regeneration expert who tell us the work plan for the session. Bushcarers are provided with all the tools and equipment they need. Sessions involve weeding and planting of trees, shrubs and groundcovers.
Bushcare@MQ on campus
- Ad hoc - visit the Macquarie University Bushcare@MQ facebook group for upcoming sessions.
- 9am (sharp) - 12pm
- Meet at Christie Park Car Park and then walk to a site in Macquarie's Ecology Reserve or the Lane Cove National Park. View map.
- Contact Suzanne for more information - 0431 260 673.
What should I bring?
We will provide you with all the tools and expertise you require. However, these few items will make your session safe and enjoyable:
- Clothes you don't mind getting dirty. It is recommended that you wear clothes that cover most of your skin (to protect you from any potential scratches).
- Sun protection. Please wear a hat, sun-glasses and sunscreen.
- Water. Bring along a bottle of water so you can keep hydrated throughout the session.
Bushcare@MQ is on Facebook - join to get the latest news and information on when and where Bushcare sessions are on and meet other like minded people.
Content owner: Office of the Vice Chancellor Last updated: 05 Dec 2019 12:16pm