Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Attending a course
What are you doing to make face to face courses COVID safe?
- Appropriate social distancing with tables between participants
- You are welcome to bring your own mask (we do have spares) but it is your choice to wear one. The social distancing in place does not make it mandatory to wear a mask
- Designated seats for the duration of the course
- Service of food and beverages with adherence to NSW Covid Safety laws
- Regular cleaning and sanitising of work, dining and bathroom spaces
- Hand sanitiser and wipes provided in teaching room and at accessible points in the building
What is virtual learning?
Virtual learning means accessing and participating in learning online.
Instead of attending a 1-day, 2-day or 3-day training program in a classroom setting, you participate in live webinars, complete activities online, participate in online group discussions, watch videos and practice your new skills in your work environment. Our virtual programs are delivered by the same recognised experts from our classroom-based programs. They provide the same quality learning experiences, structured to maximise the benefits that are unique to a virtual live delivery.
What are the benefits of a virtual program?
- In a virtual program the program is run over short periods over weeks to enable you to allocate time learning in your work schedule. Besides the fact that you won’t have to travel and be out of your workplace for large blocks of time, the programs are based on a concept called ‘microlearning’: content is divided into smaller sections (around 2 hours per week), allowing you time to experiment and practice with concepts and new skills before learning the next concept.
- You will be able to receive more individualised support and feedback. You have access to your facilitator throughout the entire program. You can send messages, ask questions and share experiences with the facilitator and your fellow program participants and revisit presentations, webinars and other content. Learn from other participants, their experiences, ideas and even their questions for effective learning. In our virtual programs we can provide a much wider range of options for these peer interactions, from small group tasks during webinars, to ongoing forums to impromptu chats.
- A virtual program enables the use of technology in the design of engaging and immersive activities, such as scenario-based simulations, interactive videos and more.
Is catering provided?
Yes – all Macquarie Business School Short courses that are face to face include catering for morning tea, afternoon tea, lunch and for residential courses, breakfast and most dinners. Your Program Manager will be in touch 3-6 weeks prior to course commencement with further details and the opportunity to provide details of any dietary requirements.
What is the Dress Code?
Generally, the dress code for Macquarie Business School Short courses is smart casual. Please bring a jacket as the air conditioning can get chilly.
Will I have Wi-Fi?
Yes – both the Sydney City campus and North Ryde campus offer complimentary Wi-Fi to all course participants.
My course has accommodation options. Am I required to stay on site?
You will stay at the MGSM Hotel at the Macquarie Business School campus North Ryde. Room facilities include:
- Double bed
- Dining and lounge access
- LCD TVs
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Mini Fridges
- Hair dryers, ironing and washing facilities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
What time does the course start and finish?
Each course has a unique timetable, start and finish times which will be sent to you via email 3-6 weeks prior to course commencement by your Program Coordinator.
What payment do you accept?
We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard or Paypal. Your invoice will automatically be generated upon enrolment and credit card payment can be made online.
How do I get a digital badge?
Digital badging is a way of communicating your capabilities and accomplishments online with colleagues, peers or potential employers and can be used in email signatures and shared on LinkedIn.
Each badge describes the qualification and process required to earn them and verifies your achievement with a digital version of a certificate of completion.
Once you have completed a short course with Macquarie Business School Corporate and Professional Education, our provider Accredible will email you a link to verify your credential.
You have the opportunity to download and share on social media or via email or as a PDF.
Getting to a course
Macquarie Business School Sydney City campus
Level 24, 123 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Macquarie Business School North Ryde campus
99 Talavera Road
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Can I make changes to my registration?
You can transfer to an alternative session at no cost, provided you have given notice in writing to email@example.com no later than 1 month prior to course commencement to be consistent with our Cancellation Policy.
Alternatively, you can contact our Consultants on +61 2 9850 9016 to discuss your options.
Can I send someone else in my place if I can’t attend?
You can send a substitute participant in your place at no extra cost, provided notification in writing is given to firstname.lastname@example.org