The following slideshow can be cycled through displays. Depending on screen reader and browser combination, they may present one at a time or all at once. Additionally, when the slideshow has keyboard focus, the left and right arrow keys can also be used to navigate the slides.
End of slideshow
Bordered by Wally’s Walk, First Walk and Western Road, the Arts Precinct redevelopment is well underway with progress becoming more visible each month since construction started in July 2018. This year will see the site’s greatest transformation as new and repurposed buildings take on their future form. The Arts Precinct is due for completion in early 2020.
- Approximately 17,000m2 total area, including a 4,800m2 new building
- Due for completion early 2020
- Teaching, academic and showcase spaces to highlight the Faculty’s ongoing work, research and achievements
- Dedicated museum floorspace consolidating the University’s Ancient History Museum, Numismatics and Australian History Museum
- A new atrium connecting refurbished and new buildings will feature roofing ‘balloons’ to allow abundant natural light while protecting from wind and rain.
Construction commenced in July 2018 with completion expected in early-2020.
Take a look at the latest video of the site here.