We are growing a digital library of stories, art, songs, languages and history shared by Indigenous Elders and community leaders. The digital library is accessed on e-readers and tablet devices that are donated to school libraries in remote at-risk communities.
Bawurra Foundation was founded in 2015 by Macquarie University students and young professionals with the vision of using technology to improve educational outcomes and celebrate the rich oral history of Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The organisation has grown rapidly and is now working with numerous communities across New South Wales.
As organisations move away from ineffective annual performance reviews towards continuous professional development, Crewmojo makes it simple for HR leaders to implement a consistent approach company-wide. We do this with cloud based software and native apps. Unlike traditional HR software, our user-experience is more like a consumer app and we deliver immediate value back to employees so it’s a tool that they actually want to use.
2017 iAwards National Finalist
2017 HR Innovation & Tech Fest Hottest HR Tech Startup (Silver)
2017 ACS Digital Disruptor (Gold)
2017 Pitch@Palace National Finalist
2017 B2B Expo Melb & Syd Pitch Fest Winner
The Træde Platform is a tailored blockchain based system with exciting cutting edge features that allow secure trading of digitised real or virtual assets over the internet.
We believe the ability to trade physical assets like gold or national currencies reliably, securely, quickly and with low fees will tip the balance for Blockchains and the Crypto infrastructure into the mainstream. We intend to provide a staged entry of a wide range of asset classes onto an Ethereum based blockchain and make a high throughput distributed trading platform that can trade any digitizable trading pair be it ownership of physical commodities like gold or silver or trading fiat currencies such as US dollar or Euros as per a remittance network, shares in companies or crypto coins and tokens.
Post discharge, patients can receive up to 7 or more paper invoices via mail from different health service providers which is confusing for the patient and an expensive administration cost for health service providers. Hatch consolidates a patient’s broad range of invoices into one digital platform allowing patients to track and pay all their private hospital bills online in the one place.
Awards/Acknowledgements: 1st prize MPID Healthcare Hackathon and National Med Tech Accelerator Program
The Dr Egg Adventures immersive trans-media story-world invites users to explore genetic engineering, science themes and ethics through the eyes of three inventive kid-heroes with special powers. Users can participate via interactive play featuring problem-solving adventures, quests and games. Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
With four exciting worlds to explore, three imaginative teenage inventors to meet, a cool doctor to invent creatures with and an evil science corporation to battle, The Dr Egg Adventures are jam packed with entertainment, thrills, lurking dangers and fun interactive experiences for children 7 and over.
- An exciting interactive story-world: The Dr Egg Adventures series of fantastical scientific adventure stories forms the basis of a range of innovative trans-media products.
- A distinctive aesthetic style: Integrating a highly distinctive aesthetic style, the interactive story worlduses illustration, animation, puppetry, video and a rich soundscape to immerse the audience, entice the imagination and encourage participation.
- Trans-media potential: As children and users seek to take their experiences off-line, this story world has the potential to be incorporated into an animated TV series with Augmented Reality (AR) tags, stand alone games, mobile cross-platform Apps, published books and graphic novels, as well as a range of toys and models.
- Educational potential: The Dr Egg Adventures features genetic science themes and introduces ethical decision-making, creating a strong educational focus aligning with the Science, Maths, History, and English curriculum years 3 to 8.
Currently our team includes writer Catherine Fargher, trans-media producer Danielle Wiessner, script editor/writer Gina Roncoli, Game ProducerNikolai Goundry and concept artists and modellers Jemima Gulliver and Jennyfer Ong, game developers Ravindra Naidoo and Peter Liang (Hero Video Games) and designers Slade Smith and Tom Coady. Interns and Dr Egg Digital associates include Christopher Ho, James Page, Crimson Moyle, Bec Lerve, Chevonne Seeto. With a team ready to go, we are excited about creating this truly innovative transmedia story world.
The Dr Egg Adventures is initially based on Catherine Fargher’s AWGIE award winning script for the theatrical production, Dr Egg and the Man with No Ear.
Theatre Production / Press & Awards: Dr Egg and the Man with No Ear premiered at the Sydney Opera House, and Melbourne Performing Arts Centre, before going onto a two-month sell-out season at Chicago’s Redmoon Theatre, where it was nominated for 4 Jeff Awards and received rave reviews. Itwas later selected for the OHIO IPAY (International Youth Performing Arts) showcase, and toured Canada and the Yukon in October 2010-11
The theatre production has been called:
- “A strange, melancholy, beautifully staged piece of theatre for young people.” — West Australian
- There’s nothing in the city’s mainstream-performance scene with which to compare it. Inducing the kind of double-takes reserved for Pixar movies.” —Chris Piatt, Time Out Chicago
- “Matters [such as stem cells, DNA, cloning and genetics] are probed... this show has more polish than anything I’ve seen in years.” —Chris Jones, Chicago Tribune
- “Playwright Catherine Fargher’s script acts as a canvas to the creative conceptualisation that is nothing short of amazing. This world-class collaboration achieves a breathtaking spectacle with poignant connective substance.” —Chicago Stage Review
- “Dr. Egg is edgy, a teensy bit morbid, a tad disturbing, highly humorous and one of the standouts, with the slightly sinister narrator of Catherine Fargher's sophisticated and comic script. You find yourself sitting tall and bending forward in anticipation.” —Montreal Gazette Review
Products in development: The Literature and Inter-Arts boards of the Australia Council have funded the development of the interactive story and media assets for the project.
The products currently in development are:
- A hard copy publication.
- An accessible and engaging interactive storybook as part of Dr Egg Adventures Laboratory game.
- An online interactive educational laboratory
Further products at pre-production or pitching stage are:
The “Dr Egg Adventures” TV episodes with augmented reality interactivity.
Stand alone games for mobile, tablet, desktop and Oculus rift VR wearables.
Twitter: @DrEggDigital | | Facebook: @dreggadventures | | URL: www.dreggdigital.com
Instagram || dreggadventures
Packsy exists to help International students transition to Australia. We do this by providing welcome packages that contain a range of essential items to help students establish their life in Australia.
We are an award-winning, game development group based in Sydney, Australia. We strive to make games that make new contributions to the art form. Whether it's a new take on an old idea, or something radically different, our goal is to make our players say: "I've never seen anything like that before."
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: [LINK]
- Delivery: c/o Matt Cabanag, E6A360, Eastern Road, Macquarie University, NSW, 2109, AU
- [LINK] For "Homeless" - Technical Excellence Award; Global Game Jam ~ Sydney (2014)
- [LINK] For "O2" - Best Game; Global Game Jam ~ Sydney (2013)
- [LINK] For "Protocol E" - Top 10 Finalist; Qantas Spirit of Youth Awards (2013)
- [LINK] For "Protocol E" - Digital Kitchen Grant Funding; Screen NSW/Metro Screen (2013)
Within The Tom Ryan Group, we present a diversified range of startups and companies n industries including: advisory services, management consulting, training and development, marketing, fashion, hospitality and travel, visual arts, and sports and fitness. In addition to ventures across these industries, the Group works closely with Governments and local communities to assist young entrepreneurs and community organisations. In September 2017, we launched TR Youth which specifically connects young entrepreneurs with leading industry advisers. This initiative, launched by Tom Ryan personally, seeks to voluntarily assist young people with their ambitions to take a stand and start a business.
Tom Ryan launched his first business - 'Tom Ryan Photography' - when he was 14 years old and ever since then he has founded multiple startups, and joined a number of companies, to extend his various passions into the business environment.
The Tom Ryan Group is built on the foundations of Encouragement, Integrity and Respect, because we believe that all great achievements are derived from building a strong foundation which guides our decisions as a company, and we instil these decisions right across our organisations.
Our vision is to help young people take a stand for themselves in the world.
Here at TR Suiting our clients have the freedom to select everything from the fabric right down to the thread used to craft their fully customised garment.
Our master-tailored garments are synonymous with sartorial elegance and allow our clients to feel seamlessly confident with their impeccable presentation. Our collection fabrics are globally sourced and our team of master-tailors, cutters and ordinary tailors have decades of experience crafting luxury garments for clients across the world.
With our meticulous attention to detail, our clients understand the craft and passion that goes into a TR Suiting garment.
TR Suiting is founded on the principle of allowing individuals to present themselves impeccably well, without consuming additional time and resources in order to leave their office, workplace or residence. We have embellished this principle into our four step process - Contact, Initial Consultation, Production, and Delivery - as in every stage, our team ensures that our clients are informed and comfortable with the overall service.
Our purpose is to advocate the interests and concerns of our members; facilitate professional and social events; foster collaboration between Australian business student groups and leading organisations; and further provide opportunities for our members to enhance their network, employability and professional skills.
After spotting a gap in the market for scalable support systems for women following their decision to leave, we began working towards creating an online platform that would offer women a supportive community, psychology services, and content targeted at helping them rebuild their lives after experiencing violence and mistreatment.
Our original studies highlighted the sense of bravery often experienced by anonymous individuals within online communities. We plan to use this in a positive light, and empower women to tell their stories and take actions to recover from domestic violence within a private community where they can be anonymous.
Glue and You is still a very young start-up, but has already seen great success. The idea won at the Sydney Women Startup Weekend in February 2018, with the participants being sent to Paris to pitch and present at Techstars Global Startup Weekend powered by Google. These experiences also led to invaluable meetings with industry professionals, all of which have contributed to our ongoing development. We will be launching late 2018, and are very much looking forward to seeing Glue and You become a strong business that will help many Australian women.
People around us are sleeping on the floor in their own homes. Survivors of Trauma and Tragedy are trying to start their lives over but can’t afford or organise transport for the big, heavy, key things we all need at home. The Generous and the Grateful are helping to reduce the risk of homelessness in the simplest of ways.
The team at The Generous and the Grateful (GG) connect kind donations of great preloved items with vulnerable people, because when you can get a good night’s sleep, keep food safe in a fridge and wear clean clothes to school, work or interviews, then you have a much better chance of rebuilding your life.
Share kindness with vulnerable people so they know they are connected to a supportive community, to the benefit of all.
WHAT WE DO:
- Supply the basic household needs of trauma survivors, so they can turn their energies towards building a brighter future.
- Encourage people to further support vulnerable members of the community and understand they CAN do something to help, no matter how small.
- Reduce the risk of homelessness, self-harm, addiction and return to danger.
- Reduce the workload of caseworker and aid agencies so they may focus on greater priorities.
- Reduce unnecessary landfill.
- At current capacity for every $10,000 we are able to provide essential items for 81 homes in approximately 3 months.
- In a year we have redirected 784 items from landfill
We are currently working on a new non-woven textile process that can use any kind of fiber, giving the possibility to obtain a wide range of textile products which can be used in many fields like: garments, technical textiles, home textiles, among others.
Our process is easy to implement, cheaper and environmentally friendly, and it allows us to use neglected textile fibres in order to create new products for several industries.
We have won several contests and funds in Peru:
- Finalist on the national patent contest 2014
- PIBAB funds for technology development
- PIMEN funds for small businesses innovation projects
Lexxe Pty Ltd was founded by Dr. Hong Liang Qiao in Sydney on Nov. 11, 2005. Lexxe has been engaged in research and development work in next generation search engine. Natural Language Processing is the key technology Lexxe applied in search. It has experienced Question Answering, Semantic Key and Sentiment search technologies over the past decade.
Lexxe has developed a full-fledged search engine through its own effort. It now features its key technology - Sentiment search (patent pending), which delivers sentiment scores for all keyword searches from millions of websites. The so-called sentiment scores are computed through a keyword’s context, using grammatical and semantic methods. In other words, all keywords are affected by instances of related words in sentences, in terms of positive and negative sentiments they express. Altogether, they form an aggregation of sentiments, which reflect the public’s opinion about the keyword. Anything could be a keyword to Lexxe, be it a brand, product, service, person, organization, concept, etc. In short, sentiment search judges everyone and everything, instantly. Sentiment information from millions of web pages on the Internet will be helpful for our judgments in everyday life. It will become an inseparable part of search and decision making, big or small.