Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Engagement), Professor David Wilkinson
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Engagement) is responsible for:
- Identifying and developing strategic relationships with corporate partners, including those in the neighbouring Macquarie Park, home to major multinational companies, to support research and learning/teaching activities
- The recruitment of domestic students, undergraduate and postgraduate, including school engagement; non-school leaver engagement and pathways.
- Leading our efforts to grow the philanthropic income in support of University’s highest priorities through principal and major gifts, gifts in wills, trust and foundations support, community fundraising and individual giving.
- Overseeing the Macquarie University Incubator, a purpose-built space for students, researchers, staff, small-medium sized enterprises (SMEs), entrepreneurs and start-ups who are working on research or an idea that can be commercialised
- Overseeing the University's multichannel internal, domestic and international marketing, communications, undergraduate student recruitment and media relations strategies, ensuring university-wide integration and alignment with the University's strategic plan
- The recruitment of international students, support for international engagement, the Macquarie University International College which provides diploma, foundation and intensive pathway courses towards bachelor degree programs; and the award-winning English Language Centre which provides committed and professional support to students in improving their English to fulfil their future goals.
- Leading the Events and Domestic Protocol team to design and deliver strategically-aligned experiences which showcase the University, its research and achievements; enhancing the Macquarie experience for students, staff and partners
- Corporate Engagement
- Future Students
- Group Marketing (including Events and Domestic Protocol)
- Incubation and Entrepreneurship
- Macquarie International
Content owner: Office of the Vice Chancellor Last updated: 13 Jan 2020 10:02am