Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Professor Kevin Jameson
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is responsible for:
- Engaging with external regulatory and statutory authorities involved in the teaching/learning mission of the University.
- Interfacing closely with the Academic Senate and all offices of the University involved in oversight of enhancing academic quality.
- Interfacing closely with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) who has carriage of the other core aspect of the University's academic focus.
- Overseeing and planning the delivery of the University's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs.
- Overseeing the development of a balanced academic staff profile for the University as well as the capabilities of the academy.
- Developing and implementing strategies aimed at improving the quality of learning and teaching as well as capacity and capability.
- Development and implementation of strategies aimed at increasing quality assurance in the delivery of teaching programs.
- Development and implementation of strategies aimed at developing academic leadership capability and increasing academic staff engagement.
- Review, implementation and management of academic policies, processes, structures and resources aimed at ensuring excellence in teaching, learning and scholarship.
- Initiating, building and managing relationships and networks with key internal and external stakeholders and strategic academic partners.
The following areas fall within this portfolio:
- Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor Learning and Teaching (and direct reports)
- Art Gallery
- Indigenous Strategy
- Macquarie University International College
- Macquarie University City Campus
- University Library
- Widening Participation
- 2SER Radio Station