Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Medicine and Health) and Executive Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences, Professor Patrick McNeil
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Medicine and Health) is responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and managing the University’s healthcare delivery strategy
- Undertaking the role of Managing Director of MQ Health Pty Ltd to lead a high performing team that will deliver patient-focused care within Australia’s first university-led healthcare system
- Encouraging and supporting collaboration within MQ Health, and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Building a high-quality healthcare delivery system that can add value to the education and research missions of all faculties of the University
- Leading, coaching and setting the direction for senior management teams within the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Medicine and Health) portfolio
- MQ Health Pty Ltd
- Macquarie University Hospital
- MQ Health Clinics
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
The Executive Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences is responsible for:
- Overseeing a comprehensive strategy to integrate learning, teaching, and research with clinical practice at the University's academic health enterprise, MQ Health
- Developing high quality undergraduate and postgraduate educational programs that result in an exceptional student experience
- Developing and overseeing strategies that result in impactful health and medical research
- Developing, implementing and managing enduring strategic local, national and international partnerships
- Encouraging and supporting collaboration within the faculty and across the University
- Participating as a full member of the University Executive
- Department of Health Professions.
- Department of Biomedical Sciences.
- Department of Clinical Medicine.
- Department of Health Systems and Populations.
- Australian Institute of Health Innovation.
Content owner: Office of the Vice Chancellor Last updated: 07 May 2020 10:25am