Executive Dean, Faculty of Science and Engineering
The Executive Dean of the Faculty of Science and Engineering provides the academic leadership and management of the Faculty. This includes ensuring learning and teaching quality, innovation and capability; as well as planning, responsibility and accountability for faculty research activity and outputs, grant income and management, and the functions of the Faculty’s numerous research centres.
In addition to guiding the strategic development and management of the Faculty’s academic offerings and its research profile, the Executive Dean oversees services to students, community engagement and quality framework. The Executive Dean operates within the overall strategic plan, objectives and policy structure of the University and is responsible for the efficient and effective use of the financial and human resources of the Faculty.
The Executive Dean of the Faculty of Science and Engineering is responsible for:
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of strategies aimed at improving research performance and quality, capacity and capability within the faculty
- Developing strategies aimed at maximizing research funding streams and collaborations
- Increasing learning and teaching quality, innovation and capability
- Developing and managing deep, productive and strategic local, national and international partnerships
- Initiating, building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Collaborating with members of the University Executive to develop the University's vision and overseeing the implementation of university-wide strategy.
- Developing and overseeing strategies within the faculty to enhance the student experience across all aspects of the faculty's operations
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of strategies aimed at increasing/ensuring efficiency of enabling services with due regard to the balance between central and devolved functions
- Managing, coaching and setting the direction for the management team within the faculty
Portfolio areas include:
- School of Engineering
- Department of Applied Biosciences
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chiropractic
- Department of Computing
- Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Molecular Sciences
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Australian Astronomical Optics (AAO-MQ)
The Executive Dean of the Faculty of Science and Engineering is Professor Magnus Nyden.
Content owner: Office of the Vice Chancellor Last updated: 22 May 2020 9:15am