Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is the chief academic officer of the University and is the member of the University Executive with overall responsibility for the planning, quality and delivery of education provided to Macquarie's undergraduate and graduate students.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is responsible for:
- engaging with external regulatory and statutory authorities involved in the teaching/learning mission of the University.
- interfacing closely with the Academic Senate and all offices of the University involved in oversight of enhancing academic quality.
- interfacing closely with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) who has carriage of the other core aspect of the University's academic focus.
- overseeing and planning the delivery of the University's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs.
- overseeing the development of a balanced academic staff profile for the University as well as the capabilities of the academy.
- developing and implementing strategies aimed at improving the quality of learning and teaching as well as capacity and capability.
- development and implementation of strategies aimed at increasing quality assurance in the delivery of teaching programs.
- development and implementation of strategies aimed at developing academic leadership capability and increasing academic staff engagement.
- review, implementation and management of academic policies, processes, structures and resources aimed at ensuring excellence in teaching, learning and scholarship.
- initiating, building and managing relationships and networks with key internal and external stakeholders and strategic academic partners.
The following areas fall within this portfolio:
- Office of Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching)
- Office of Pro Vice-Chancellor (Programs and Pathways)
- Office of Pro Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous Strategy)
- Office of Executive Director, Student Engagement and Registrar
- University Library, Archives & Collections
The current Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is Professor Kevin Jameson.
Content owner: Office of the Vice Chancellor Last updated: 15 Jan 2020 9:31am