Departments and centres
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Biomedical Sciences is committed to improving patient health through world-class fundamental and translational medical research.
Department of Clinical Medicine
Clinical Medicine is central to Macquarie University's initiative to develop Australia's first fully-integrated health sciences centre under university leadership.
Department of Cognitive Science
Cognitive Science is the interdisciplinary study of the mind and the brain. In the Department of Cognitive Science we use a variety of methods - ranging from brain stimulation to philosophy - to better understand how the mind and the brain "work".
Department of Health Professions
The Department of Health Professions provides New South Wales' first Doctor of Physiotherapy program, an innovative three-year extended masters degree.
Department of Health Systems and Populations
The Department of Health Systems and Populations is focused on multi-disciplinary ways of improving population health and health systems at local, national and international levels.
Department of Linguistics
Fundamentally, linguistics at Macquarie strives to understand and improve communication. We endeavour to understand human speech production and reception, language processing, as well as language acquisition, across the lifespan.
Department of Psychology
Australian Institute of Health Innovation
A major national resource for many people whose work is intrinsic to strengthening health systems, organisations and services.
- Centre for Ageing Cognition and Wellbeing
- Centre for Elite Performance Expertise and Training
- Centre for Emotional Health
- Centre for Language Sciences
- Dementia Research Centre
- H:EAR | Hearing Education Application Research
- Macquarie University Centre for Motor Neuron Disease Research
- Macquarie University Centre for Reading
- Multilingualism Research Centre
- Perception in Action Research Centre
- Centre for Scaffolding the Ageing Mind
Content owner: Medicine and Health Sciences Last updated: 12 Mar 2020 12:19pm