Physics Bridging Course
2019 Physics Bridging Course
This bridging course prepares you for studies in physics, astronomy, engineering, medical sciences, and related disciplines. It provides learning support, a useful refresher and a solid foundation for your university studies in science.
If you have not completed physics to HSC level or equivalent, this course is recommended to give you background knowledge to support your studies in PHYS140/PHYS143 or PHYS106/107. It is also excellent preparation for PHYS149 and a foundation for the GAMSAT.
It covers the following topics:
- Waves: Sound, electromagnetic spectrum, orders of magnitude and scientific notation
- Matter and molecules: Thermal properties of matter, pressure in fluids and ideal gases
- Forces: Vectors, forces in equilibrium, dynamics and motion, Newton's laws, gravity, energy and power
- Electricity: Static electricity, electric circuits/fields/potential, magnetic fields and electromagnetic induction
- Atomic and nuclear physics: Electrons, nuclei, atomic structure, radioactive decay and nuclear energy.
Date and time
Dates: Monday 18th February - Friday 22nd February 2019
The 27-hour course will be run over 4½ days. It will run from 9AM-5PM on 4 days, plus a half day (time to be determined). A detailed day schedule will be made available in January 2019.
Room 149, Building E6B, 7 Wally's Walk, Macquarie University
Go through the School of Engineering entrance, then it is the first room on the right.
$270 (including study notes and GST)
Register here: https://mqphysbridging.eventbrite.com.au
Registration closes 12th February 2019 at 11PM
Vivienne Wong, Academic Administrator
T: (02) 9850 4166