Physics Bridging Course
2018 Physics Bridging Course
This bridging course prepares you for studies in physics, astronomy, engineering, medical sciences, and related disciplines. It provides learning support, a useful refresher and a solid foundation for your university studies in science.
If you have not completed physics to HSC level or equivalent, this course is recommended to give you background knowledge to support your studies in PHYS140/PHYS143 or PHYS106/107. It is also excellent preparation for PHYS149 and a foundation for the GAMSAT.
It covers the following topics:
- Waves: Sound, electromagnetic spectrum, orders of magnitude and scientific notation
- Matter and molecules: Thermal properties of matter, pressure in fluids and ideal gases
- Forces: Vectors, forces in equilibrium, dynamics and motion, Newton's laws, gravity, energy and power
- Electricity: Static electricity, electric circuits/fields/potential, magnetic fields and electromagnetic induction
- Atomic and nuclear physics: Electrons, nuclei, atomic structure, radioactive decay and nuclear energy.
Date and time
Dates: Monday 19th February - Friday 23rd February 2018
The 27-hour course will be run over 4½ days as follows:
9AM - 5PM (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday)
Tutorial Room 131, Building E6A, 9 Wally's Walk, Macquarie University
$270 (including study notes and GST)
Register here: https://mqphysbridging.eventbrite.com.au
Registration has been EXTENDED. It closes: 11PM Thursday 15th February 2018
Vivienne Wong, Academic Administrator
T: (02) 9850 4166