News and events
- 2017 Moyal Medal Medal and Lecture - 2 November 2017 at 7pm - will be awarded to Prof Hinke Osinga from Auckland University.
- Applications for AMSI Vacation Scholarships are now open. Details and how to apply can be found on the AMSI website. Applications opened 22 August 2017.
- Applications are now open for the Department of Mathematics 2018 Summer Vacation Scholarships. Applications close 24 November 2017.
- Dr Justin Tzou, previously from University of British Columbia, joined the Department in September as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics.
- Dr Christopher Green, previously from QUT, joined the Department in late July as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics.
- Dr Catherine Penington, previously from QUT, joined the Department in early August as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics.
- Dr Paul Bryan, from the University of Queensland, will join the Department in early January 2018 as a Lecturer in Pure Mathematics.
Other recent appointments
- Mr Chris Gordon has joined the Department as a Scholarly Teaching Fellow in February 2017.
- Dr Philip Hackney, previously at Osnabruck University in Germany, joined the Department in January 2017 to work on an ARC Discovery Project with members of CoACT.
- Dr Sophie Calabretto, previously at ETH Zurich, joined the Department as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics in late September 2016.
- Dr Christopher Lustri, previously at the University of Sydney, joined the Department as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics in early November 2016.
- Dr John Bourke, previously at Masaryk University in the Czech Republic, joined the Department in September 2016 to work on an ARC Discovery Project with members of CoACT.
- Prof Qingyan Wu, Linyi University PR CHINA (visiting Prof Xuan Duong, Dr Ji Li) - 11 Sept 2017-10 Sept 2018
- Scott Balchin, University of Leicester UK (visiting Dr Richard Garner) - 1 Sept - 6 Oct 2017
- A/Professor Ilya Shvartsman, Penn State University (visiting Professor Gaitsgory)
- Dr John Power, University of Bath (visiting CoACT)
- Prof Walter Tholen, University of York (visiting CoACT)
- Prof Kazuya Kobayashi, Chuo University Japan (visiting Prof Paul Smith)
- Dr Martin Markl, Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (visiting A/Prof Michael Batanin)
- Prof Qui Huy Bui, University of Cantebury (visiting Prof Xuan Thinh Duong)
- Dr David White, Denison University (visiting Associate Professor Michael Batanin)
- Dr Alexei Davydov, Ohion University (visiting CoACT)
- Professor Stephen Garrett, University of Leicester (visiting Professor Jim Denier)
- Dr Dongyong Yang, Xiamen University (visiting Prof Xuan Duong, Dr Ji Li)
- Prof Mahadevan Ganesh, Colorado School of Mines (visiting Dr Stuart Hawkins)
- Dr Eugenia Chen, School of the Art Institute Chicago (visiting A/Prof Steve Lack)
17 July 2017Sponsored by the Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute, and the Australian Mathematical Society....
The Australian Category Seminar is organised by the Centre of Australian Category Theory (CoACT).Contact: Dr John Bourke - john.d....
The Applied Analysis Seminars brings together researchers from across the University with an interest in Applied Analysis, Optimisation and Contr...
A series of talks presented by staff from the Department of Mathematics, on topics of broad general interest. The talks will be aimed at the lowe...
The Department Colloquium are held on Friday afternoons, from 3:00 to 4:00 pm, during teaching semester and are followed by refreshments....
The 61st annual meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society will be held by the Department of Mathematics at Macquarie University, ...