2019 Computing Industry Networking Event
Proudly sponsored by ITIC, Australia, the 2019 Computing Industry Networking event is a showcase of the Department's achievements. There will be a presentation by an invited industry person from Microsoft Australia. Selected student groups will present their projects conducted during the semester. Throughout the evening, Computing PhD Candidates will display a poster summarising their research.
When: Wednesday 27 November 2019
Where: Macquarie University Campus, 18 Wally’s Walk, Level 3 (Room B – D)
- 5:30PM Registration
- 6:15PM Welcome to Country, Welcome from Professor Michael Sheng, Head of Department, Computing
- 6:20PM Universities, Students and Industry - the Benefits of Collaboration, Stephen Elbourn, Director, IT Training & Resourcing, ITIC, Sydney
- 6:40PM Making AI Accessible to Everyone, Dean Corcoran, Data and AI Technology Strategist, Microsoft, Australia
- 6:50PM Manly Environment Centre, Watts watt application. Muntasir Adnaan, Nadun Hettiarachchi, Abdurakhmonjon, Makhkamjonov, Jack Margin, Sanjeev Raju. PACE Partner: Manly Environment Centre.
- 6:55PM LG Software Solutions, Dominic Ducusin, Fei Huang, Ronnie Lado, Arnold Lau, Duvashen Padayachee, William Sakaris. PACE Partner: Pulse Software Solutions
- 7:00PM Campus to Warehouse, tail of a journey. Milad Mosharraf, Master of Information Technology, Macquarie University.
- 7:05PM Nicolas Nouri, Australian Computer Society, Student of the year, finalist.
- 7:10PM Networking session & HDR posters and demo display. Drinks and canapés to be served
- 8:00PM Best poster award & lucky draw prize winner.
Registration will commence at 5.30 pm, we invite you to have some refreshments and meet our Academics and Students. We look forward to seeing you there.
Department of Computing, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Macquarie University, Australia.
For more information email email@example.com